How do you carry it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milk crates double as drying stands/containers.... I have all my small stuff in a milk crate and the other stuff (drysuit ect) in a large rubbermaid container....

After the dive I disassemble all and everything goes into the large container..... I stop at a gas station and fill half way with water... and let it soak/slosh on the way home... When I get home I take the stuff and it goes in the crate to dry... and it's ready for next weekend.

Tip: Zip tie PVC pipes on the corners for dry glove stands and to hang small stuff from

I'll post pictures when the service is back up

MNawman:
Hey guys, The action packer sounds great, where can I get one? Why do you guys use milk crates? What is the advantage?

Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

I have one of the big blue Rubbermaid rolling tubs, but I found out early on that it was more work to roll it to where I was going than it was simply to gear up at the car and walk. So now, I have a tarp down in the back of the car, and on that is an approximately 2 1/2 foot by 3 1/2 foot shallow plastic tub I bought at our local hardware store. That holds anything wet -- the tanks go on the tarp next to it.

I toss all my "stuff" in a mesh ScubaToys bag. This includes:

Regulators
Can light
Fins
Reel
Lift bag
Instruments
Backup hoses/SPGs/2nd stage
Wetnotes
Gloves
Boots
etc etc.

If I'm wearing a wetsuit, I shove this into that bag.

If I'm wearing a drysuit, I have a separate drysuit bag the drysuit goes in.

Backplate/backup lights/wing get put on the tanks.

If I am driving a diving from the back of my truck everything is in 2 Action Packers (bought at REI). One stays dry and the other becomes wet. The wet one becomes the rinse bucket. I have eight of them for storage of gear. I need one more for all purpose duty.

If I have to walk a ways to the site everythng is a couple of mesh bags. When traveling everything is in a nondescript padded bag plus a duffle.

Action Packers are a great way to go.

90% of my diving: Local Shore Diving - Giant rubbermaid tub, back o' the Land Cruiser

8% of my diving: Local Boat Diving - Giant Stahlsac Catalina Roller Bag (the finest rollerbag made)

2% of my diving: International / Domestic diving via Plane - Giant Samsonite plastic hardside luggage (friggen rules!)

Camera travels everywhere in its own Blue Rubbermaid tub with lid. Unless I'm on a plane, then lenses and bodies are in a backpack carry-on with the housing, strobes, ports & arms in with the checked dive gear.

---
Ken

Pep Boys also carries a couple of different sizes.

MNawman:
Hey guys, The action packer sounds great, where can I get one?

Blue tub from the local hardware store for the front seat of my car (2 seater) - holds water so when I put all my wet gear in it after the dive I don't get salt all over the inside of the car. Another clear shallow tub for the trunk that will hold 2 tanks, weights and fins. Also to prevent salt from dripping down into the battery. No rollers - easier to gear up at the car (if its too hot to walk in a dry suit I can carry it). Second trip for the weights and tank.

Travelling AquaLung travel bag and for cold water trips I add my Whites dry suit mesh bag. The AquaLung bag is great. Pockets for all sorts of things, but would't do it again. It is clearly marked "expensive dive gear inside - please open me and take what you want". My next travel bag will be something else with no markings/logos on the outside. The dry suit bag is perfect - nobody knows what the White's logo means - it has dry compartments and mesh compartments.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom