How do you attach your dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a retractor for my backup light, but have a coiled lanyard for my primary, when I am gearing up lanyard clips to itself so the light isn't dangling to the ground. I can easily unclip it and make use of it when I get into the water.

Bolt snaps and cave line, and whiskers on kittens,
Small bits of inner tube, and warm neoprene mittens.
Light heads and back-ups clipped off on d-rings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

:D

Bolt snaps and cave line, and whiskers on kittens,
Small bits of inner tube, and warm neoprene mittens.
Light heads and back-ups clipped off on d-rings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

:D
Wow....now we are getting musical, I guess I will have to try that.

I use the snap-bolt system, except I also have a lanyard, as with gloves I'm always afraid of letting go of the light and have it slip away.

Also, maybe I was using a bad cord or bad technique, but I did not have much success tying like in the DiveRite express web site. My knot would be loose and I don't like heating the knot. So I use one loop of a parachute cord and just tie an overhand knot. I think it's more solid than a square knot.

Adam

+4 on bolt snaps and inner tube as pictured above.

Yeah, works great.

Unfortunately, not my idea... Got it from my GUE instructors. :)

I cut mine about 1/2" wide. You could cut them thinner or thicker to make them stronger or weaker. Very simple, concise, cheap, and looks great on the rig. :)

You might consider looking into some of the 'Goodman' [I'm using it as a generic term] light holders......Lights can be attached to the back of your hands rather than holding them.....Keeps both hands free......There are several brands....Goodman, seems to be the most widely used...Oxycheq 'Light sock' is another......

^ Light socks. I had a pistol grip main light, and got rid of it as quickly as I could. They are floppy and cumbersome as well as uncomfortable to hold for any period of time. There are now many smaller, cylindrical, high powered LED lights that can act as a primary and fit in a light sock if you like. If you have a harness, you can clip as shown above, or stow in a pocket. Just please keep it from flopping about. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom