How do you attach camera to your person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

That’s a quite simple answer. NEVER EVER use any type of lanyard, clip, or any other various form of attachment to your self. That's a cardinal sin to use one of those. The hard and fast rule is what you take into the water be prepared to leave it there. I don't know how many times I’ve seen divers with their silly clips get tangled up, have to fight to remove it underwater and let’s not forget that shark who loved the camera housing more than the photographer did, whatcha going to do in that case? Oh please Mr. sharky let me unclip my camera so you can drag it off while I escape. Or that other time when the shark came to close and was beat over the head with the housing, and no it didn’t flood.

Ed

Some good advice in this thread. I just bought the same device but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I also paid $25 at my
LDS :( Next time will check LP first. My diving instructor recommended some form of attachment so that there's no reluctance to drop the camera if you need both hands pronto. So that's another side of the attachment argument. He uses a retractable (spring loaded) device.

Michael

So any suggestions on how to connect a clip like that to a PT-010 housing (one without an arm)?

AD

dlwalke -- the image you linked to, is exactly what I use. As Dee suggested, I changed the clip that came with it to a "non-suicide" version.

I use a lanyard with a quick release so it is easy to disconnect the camera if necessary.

I would also suggest getting one that was strong enough to hang without your hands out of the water. Mine hangs just above the waist and is great if I need both hands walking to the boat or back.

The quick disconnect is a point of failure, but if you need to release the camera in an emergency or entanglement it's easy to do, just realize in a strong current you may be waving good bye..

Dave

, I changed the clip that came with it to a "non-suicide" version.

DivingGal - how do you do this?

Do you
- unstitch the clip and re-sew yourself or get someone else to resew new clip on
- chisel off old clip and attach new clip with cable tie or split ring.

? Where do you get stainless steel split rings alone - I can't find an LDS in Singapore with them

BB1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom