How do you attach camera to your person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Two months ago I bought a C5050. Last month Adobe Elements. This months a memory card and some books. Next month is the PT housing. I'll also want to have a way, I assume, of attaching the camera to my person. After looking around the net, I am thinking that something like this

.[URL=http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.co...mand/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1622&prmenbr=946]

might be ideal. What do you think? Would this attach to the PT housing? Any disadvantages of this? Just soliciting more informed opinions than my own.

Thanks
Dave

I use a similar coiled lanyard for camera and torch and attach it to one of my BCD's D-rings.

When I attach the camera, I simply slip the wrist lanyard between the coils, never had any problems.

I use shorter one without the coil but I only clip the camera to myself prior to descent and at the end of the dive when ascending and returning to the boat - during the dive the camera stays in my hands at all times.

Hi Dave:

That's the setup I use for a housed Canon W/twin strobes. It's never failed me yet.

Oh, wait, there was one time that I forgot to clip the lanyard to my BC. But we won't talk about that.:boom:

Like stone said, get the one with the brass clip on one end, not that plastic one that breaks easily. The other endI have a split ring that is threaded into another split ring on my tray. If you get one with that short cord loop on it, just wrap that around the counterweight.

And by all means attach it to yourself! If something happens quickly and you need both hands, you can simply drop your camera and know that it's safe at the other end of the tether. When the coiled ends are clipped together, it is perfect for the boat crew to use ti hand your rig to you in the water and to take it from you.

Good choice!

Alright, humor me...

Why is that plastic clip called a suicide clip?

AD

Any clip that can be 'clipped on' to something by simply pressing on a bar is considered a suicide clip. You could be swimming along in your local lake and swim into strands monifiliment line. Maybe one of those strands presses against that clip with enough force to push it inward and suddenly you are now connected to those strands of monofiliment and you don't know it. You try to swim away and you can't, further entangling yourself. Whereas if if your clip had been a thumb bolt clip, you would have had to actively clipped onto that strand. Make sense? I'm sure there are other examples but this happened recently in our local lake.

be sure that whatever you attach to yourself can be easily and effectively (fast!) ditched.

vicky once bubbled...
be sure that whatever you attach to yourself can be easily and effectively (fast!) ditched.

I just looked at your picture on your profile. Shouldn't your nickname be Spike?????:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom