How do I post a new thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unclejoe11101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hope I'm in the right spot. How do I ask a question that isn't already asked? I don't wish to derail another's train of thought / line of question.

Hope I'm in the right spot. How do I ask a question that isn't already asked? I don't wish to derail another's train of thought / line of question.
Click the green Post New Thread button found at the top of this and every forum.

Capture.jpg

If you don't see the Post New Thread button yet it's possible that as a new user you may need to post 5 replies first.

Contact a Moderator if you have any questions - a link to Contact a Moderator is on the Help drop-down in the top menubar.

You can also use the Report Post link at the bottom of this and every post if you would like a staff member to review the specific post.

ok don't mean to sound like a smart ass but how did you post this one?

ok don't mean to sound like a smart ass but how did you post this one?

He didn't. He posted in another thread, and this was moved to it's own thread.

that makes sense then

t4e, I hit "reply to thread" I guess what I want to do is start a new thread / line of thought.

---------- Post added ----------

Top line said it all .Thanks for the prompt reply .Joe

t4e, I hit "reply to thread" I guess what I want to do is start a new thread / line of thought.

See post #2. Steve's instructions are clear.

I don't wish to derail another's train of thought / line of question.

You were derailing another train of thought with your question, and that was fixed my moderator ability. If you still have problems posting threads. Let us know. :)

I don't know why it was cut out but the "top line "I was talking about was the subject line "Thanks howard "My understanding is that you do this "site admin " on your own time and I am sure you have more fun things to do .Thank you for your time and reply. I don't have enough posts I guess, my top and bottom green bubbles both say reply to threads.And that's good too. I haven't used any other board like this and I'm sure there is alot I can learn.Thanks again.Joe

my top and bottom green bubbles both say reply to threads.And that's good too. I haven't used any other board like this and I'm sure there is alot I can learn.

That is because you're actually IN a thread, so all you can do is reply to the current thread. If you wish to start a new thread, try going to the Forum Home Page (located here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php )

Click on the subsection you wish to post in (for example, Basic Scuba Discussions - Link: Basic Scuba Discussions )

When that section loads, you should see the option to post a new thread in a green bubble, just like the reply to thread is here.

If that doesn't work, let us know...

Haha T4E.. ! that was funny
please moderator can you move this thread..because I can't post either ; Here we go::

USDivers SCAN4 computer backplate urgently needed...does anyone have one for parts ???yes mine has broken as it got stuck in the car door and I have been having to use sealant for year !! Which isnt much good to use them commercially in Queensland.
I will happily buy it as I can't find the parts anywhere... it is round and twists on.Thanks. Please reply to jumpingbuddha@hotmail.com

Thanks moderator!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom