How do I link VT3 to Transmitter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darkmagician

Registered
Reaction score
I recently was sent a replacement wrist unit VT3 from Oceanic. However, the transmitter is now not recognized by the wrist unit. When I check the transmitter status on the wrist unit I get the message "not avail".

How do I link the new wrist unit to the transmitter?

Might there be a battery saving bit of plastic/paper on the battery.:confused:

So open the hatch and check.:D

I am not sure of the steps for a VT3 as I have a Atom 2.0, but you need to programme the transmitter serial number into the PDC to 'link' them together. The instructions will be in the manual.
The transmitter serial number is printed on a little sticker that should be stuck to the transmitter somewhere.

I am not sure of the steps for a VT3 as I have a Atom 2.0, but you need to programme the transmitter serial number into the PDC to 'link' them together. The instructions will be in the manual.
The transmitter serial number is printed on a little sticker that should be stuck to the transmitter somewhere.

That's correct- our house has an atom and vt3- programmed the same way

What Codie said, and you also have to pressurize the transmitter (i.e., hook your regulator up to a tank and open the valve). You should not have to open the battery compartment on the transmitter. I have several and they have all worked right out of the box (after hooking up to my regulator and tank, and programming the new transmitter number into my VT3 or Atom 2.0).

All very good suggestions,but OP already had a VT3.guess he read the manual.:D

The easiest way is to use the Oceanlog software if you have it. If not. . .

You have to access the "SET U" menu. From the main screen press and hold the right button and side button (light) simultaneously for at least 2 seconds this will bring up the "SET F" screen DO NOT RELEASE the buttons. Continue to hold the 2 buttons as it scrolls through the SET F --> SET A and then SET U. Release the buttons. Press the right face button to scroll through the menu options until you reach TMT 1. If it reads OFF, press the side button to turn it ON. Then press the right face button. This will get the first digit on the bottom row blinking. Using the six-digit code printed on the transmitter (the first six digits that are together, not other digits that may be at the end) enter the first digit by using the side button to scroll. When you need to move onto the next digit press the right face button. When you're done with all six digits you can press and hold the left face button to save the code and return to the main screen, or you can press the right face button to move on to TMT 2.

Like MarineResearch said, the only way to test the link is to turn the transmitter on by hooking your 1st stage up to a tank and pressurizing it.

Last edited:
Hey this is awesome. Thanks for your help. I have the manual, I just couldn't decipher what it was trying to tell me. This is great.

Thank you so much for the help.

Hey this is awesome. Thanks for your help. I have the manual, I just couldn't decipher what it was trying to tell me. This is great.

Please kill the suspense,How did you get it to work :D

I went through the same painful process of reading the manual. So much so, that the manual actually fell apart. So if you're anything like me, and you haven't already done it, you'll want to download the PDF version of the manual. Here it is--> VT3 Manual.:D

Back
Top Bottom