How do I go about finding a place to do a hydro test?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THRILLSEEKER

Reaction score
My tanks need hydro tested and the shop I used to deal with is out of business. How do I go about finding a place that can do this test?

Im in the central Ohio area.

Phone companies that deal with fire extinguishers.

besides fire extinghishers places, you can also ask welding companies who to use.
We use a Fire Equipment distributor that has a full time hydro test facility.

Or you can check the DOT website. Authorized Hydrostatic Retesters

Since you're in Ohio, here is the list for there. You'll want one that can do High Pressure testing.
http://hazmat.dot.gov/sp_app/approvals/hydro/cyl_oh.pdf

Well, I use Ohio Fire & Safety. 1199 Fourth St (take I-670 to US-23/Fourth St. exit, head north about 1/2 mile, it's a small building on the left).

$34.50 plus tax, takes about three days.

If you have time, a better option is to try a SCUBA/DIVE shop. Aquatic Adventures in Upper Arlington or Todd's SCUBA in Circleville. They will do the Hydro, then perform a visual (required before you fill an empty bottle and annually - cost $12) and fill it with air (typically $7) for $50. However, it takes seven to 14 business days.

Well, I use Ohio Fire & Safety. 1199 Fourth St (take I-670 to US-23/Fourth St. exit, head north about 1/2 mile, it's a small building on the left).

$34.50 plus tax, takes about three days.

If you have time, a better option is to try a SCUBA/DIVE shop. Aquatic Adventures in Upper Arlington or Todd's SCUBA in Circleville. They will do the Hydro, then perform a visual (required before you fill an empty bottle and annually - cost $12) and fill it with air (typically $7) for $50. However, it takes seven to 14 business days.

well I have to say, that a might helpful first post.. welcome to the board...:D

Thanks for all the replies, I found a cylinder shop near my g/f's place in Cincy. $30/tank. I can get visuals and fills from a local guy who sold his shop but kept his compressor.

ABCO, used to be Harold Hard Company in Westerville will do them.

I just got my 130s done there last week. They cost a bit more than a couple other places here but they are close to me.

OK RV, your tagline says:

Palin - McCain '08
Palin - Rice '10

What is happening in 2010 for which two people can run?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom