How do I get started?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently trying to decide between Mexico and FL for cavern and possibly intro next summer, so I appreciate this thread. I'd like to hear more opinions. I'm leaning towards Mexico, mostly because I've done a few cenote dives there and was blown away. Plus, on the same trip, I can do a few reef dives in Cozumel and visit a few ruins. The FL plusses for me are: I can drive there from TX, bringing my own doubles (LP72s), and it's likely to be substantially cheaper.

The only cave instructor I know in Mexico is German Yanez, and I'm sure he would be someone I'm comfortable with. I know that's a huge consideration, but I'm sure there are excellent instructors in FL as well.

Get training where you're gonna dive the most. Conditions are different in Mexico and Florida.

Since you are talking about becoming a cavern or even a cave diver let me ask you this. Your questions regarding equipment is a valid question and one you will need to know should you decide to make this committment but my my question to you:

Why do you want to do this type of diving?

Woow feel a little over whelmed with all the good advice??. To add, bouancy and trim are extreamly important. If possible, get a set of double Al80's on a back plate and wing + your exposure suite then go to a pool (check with your LDS when their classes are?) Then work on your tirm because all of the skills are done while hovering. Have fun.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom