How do i get a fill station splitter whip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bowers

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all, i’ve been looking online for a fill adapter that splits and allows me to fill 4 tanks from 1 line (like what amigos has in florida) but can’t find one. Is there a specific name i should search 4? Or is it something id have to make? If so does anyone have references to what parts and sizes i would need to make one? Thanks in advance!

all of us that have them have home built them. Definitely not something commercially available.

In terms of parts it depends on what you want to do.

This is how I made mine

The first one is 2:1. The cross has a check valve so the tanks don't backfill, a digital gauge and then heads out to a pair of fill ends. The inlet is a QF4 from Swagelok which is the standard fill fitting on Bauer compressors though the ones like Amigos have DIN inlets. If you are filling from a commercial fill station you should use scuba adapters instead of QD's.
The second one is also 2:1 but instead of the digital gauge, it has a ball valve and a QF4 receiver. This allows you to fill 2:1 or 4:1.

All of the fittings were from Swagelok, hoses were from a local hydraulic supply company *they are chemical rated PTFE lined braided stainless hoses* and the ends were from Northeast Scuba Supply though you can find those from @DiveGearExpress or a myriad of other places. I do think the NESS ones are a bit nicer, but they're a bit more expensive.

Wayne's are build slightly different and have a 120* adapter so the hoses all angle down but that is extra parts, etc. You can also add more check valves if you don't want the tanks to equalize before they start filling, etc. You can also make a single 4:1 that doesn't break in the middle just keep in mind that you need to always have 4 tanks on the whips which is why I made mine as 2x 2:1

all of us that have them have home built them. Definitely not something commercially available.

In terms of parts it depends on what you want to do.

This is how I made mine

The first one is 2:1. The cross has a check valve so the tanks don't backfill, a digital gauge and then heads out to a pair of fill ends. The inlet is a QF4 from Swagelok which is the standard fill fitting on Bauer compressors though the ones like Amigos have DIN inlets. If you are filling from a commercial fill station you should use scuba adapters instead of QD's.
The second one is also 2:1 but instead of the digital gauge, it has a ball valve and a QF4 receiver. This allows you to fill 2:1 or 4:1.

All of the fittings were from Swagelok, hoses were from a local hydraulic supply company *they are chemical rated PTFE lined braided stainless hoses* and the ends were from Northeast Scuba Supply though you can find those from @DiveGearExpress or a myriad of other places. I do think the NESS ones are a bit nicer, but they're a bit more expensive.

Wayne's are build slightly different and have a 120* adapter so the hoses all angle down but that is extra parts, etc. You can also add more check valves if you don't want the tanks to equalize before they start filling, etc. You can also make a single 4:1 that doesn't break in the middle just keep in mind that you need to always have 4 tanks on the whips which is why I made mine as 2x 2:1
Thank you tbone!

Wayne made my 1st one for me, the rest I've done myself. It's not really something I'd recommend to people who dont understand how it all connects and the importance of proper fittings and lines. Once you get that part down it's really quite simple to make one and customize the options.

Wayne made my 1st one for me, the rest I've done myself. It's not really something I'd recommend to people who dont understand how it all connects and the importance of proper fittings and lines. Once you get that part down it's really quite simple to make one and customize the options.
I appreciate the response. I have a decent understanding to make one. Since i’ve confirmed i’m not crazy and they really aren’t readily available online, i went ahead and bought the necessary components and will build my own when the pieces are delivered. I’ll have to post a picture and a review when im done. I’ve purchased about $250 worth of parts to make a 1:4 that will attach to the cga fitting from the compressor.

I use paintball quick connects. Cheap and they can come with the check valve in them already...
And small bore hoses are really nice.

I appreciate the response. I have a decent understanding to make one. Since i’ve confirmed i’m not crazy and they really aren’t readily available online, i went ahead and bought the necessary components and will build my own when the pieces are delivered. I’ll have to post a picture and a review when im done. I’ve purchased about $250 worth of parts to make a 1:4 that will attach to the cga fitting from the compressor.
Mines a little hard to explain. It's a 1:1, 1:2, 1:3, or 1:4, also up to 4 tanks can equalize. Basically a check valve at female din, then 2 permanent whips and qds on the other 2 whips so it can be reconfigured as needed on the fly. Also has a pressure gauge. Then i also added a QD on the end of one of my other 6ft whips so i can pop it in the mix if i need some space between tanks.

Back
Top Bottom