How do I dive in California!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think our weight bag is going to consist of 52lbs of lead in the end for the both of us. I wonder if they will make us take one of the 2 pounders out? Lol. I also don't mind if the accommodations aren't 5 star, as long as there aren't a ton of bugs and the AC works I'm happy. I DO wonder if the ferrys still do the free birthday thing because both of our birthdays are coming up soon lol

Lordy! I'd need a sherpa :D
Rolling gear bag (or hard box), weight bag over the handle of the gear bag, backpack for clothes, carry on camera case. Easy Peasy.

Yeah that's easy, that's what we do, and schlep from the boat to the site, I was thinking of 2 50 lb dive bags...who (besides a photographer) has that much gear...
I think I'm about to be educated :p

Wait until you see a rebreather diver going over for more than one day. They take O2 bottles etc. And if they have a scooter too..............:shocked:

Well that actually works fine for us! Our birthdays are on different days and happen to either fall on my off days or within one day of it. Even if we pay for 1 fare, we still get one for free. Yehaw. Which one does this birthday deal? The Express or The Flyer? Thanks again folks! Such a helpful thread! :p

I was actually misjudging the drive time too, it's actually only 5 and a half hours from here to Dana Point Habor, It just usually takes me about 7 total hours for rest breaks, to eat, etc. to make it to OC. I guess if we pee less and drive more we can make it a quicker trip :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom