How do I cancel my Supporting Member Subsctiption

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LakeCountyDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I can't figure out how to cancel my supporter subscription. I was e-mailed that it will do it automatically and I do not want to renew it. How can I change this?

You must cancel your subscription through paypal.

How the heck am I supposed to do that? Scubaboard will be the one to charge me. My Paypal does not show any charges yet so how do I cancel it?

Hey LCC, just for future reference for others, how did you figure it out and what part of Paypal did you have to go into?

Hey LCC, just for future reference for others, how did you figure it out and what part of Paypal did you have to go into?

From Paypal: https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp?cmd=_help&solutionId=27715&t=solutionTab

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
  5. Click Cancel or Cancel automatic billing and follow the instructions.
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you should contact the merchant directly to cancel the agreement. If you can’t contact the merchant, you should contact PayPal Customer Service by phone.

Just to clear things up, PayPal doesn't allow the merchant to cancel these recurring charges through them. It's not that we don't want to: we simply can't!

PayPal doesn't allow the merchant to cancel these recurring charges through them.

I don't believe that statement is entirely true. I recently received an email from Paypal stating...

[h=2]Your automatic payments were suspended[/h]
Hello XXXXX,

XXXXX has suspended your automatic payments. Contact XXXXX for more details or to reactivate your payments.

Here are the details:

Not sure if you were just not aware of the fact that this could be done from your end or not. Maybe HowardE can Google it for you :wink: Or have Cave Diver actually look into it for you and give you the specifics on how to do it.

I don't believe that statement is entirely true. I recently received an email from Paypal stating...

Your automatic payments were suspended
Hello XXXXX,

XXXXX has suspended your automatic payments. Contact XXXXX for more details or to reactivate your payments.

Here are the details:

Not sure if you were just not aware of the fact that this could be done from your end or not. Maybe HowardE can Google it for you :wink: Or have Cave Diver actually look into it for you and give you the specifics on how to do it.

My answer was the answer. If you bothered to look :wink:

and while you are correct, we can suspend subscriptions... that wasn't the question :wink:

Back
Top Bottom