Renewal issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damselfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I posted this in a different support thread on 6/9-

I did Sponsor for a couple Covid years, but intended to change from Sponsor to Supporting next time it came up. My renewal date is shown as 7/14/22. I didn't get to cancel because it charged me on 6/5/22, which seems rather early? No notification ahead, just from Paypal after the fact. How do I get a refund of the amount?

No one ever replied. And now that it’s hit the actual renewal date, I’m seeing ads…so that part hasn’t renewed.

You aren't alone. I got a PP charge in June, but my supporting status must have changed last night or today. Banner gone, ads back, etc. I bet somebody is already working on it.

You aren't alone. I got a PP charge in June, but my supporting status must have changed last night or today. Banner gone, ads back, etc. I bet somebody is already working on it.
Yeah, my PP charge was on the 1st of this month, and today I got a notification that my subscription (sponsor) had ended.

I get that Pete is busy with life but perhaps this could be delegated to someone else for now? Charging for something so far in advance as to interfere with canceling (and giving no info on how to cancel), then not delivering what you charged for, is really not cool. If it was a dive shop or other business doing this people would howl.

I am going to see if I can get paypal to reverse the charge.

I am going to see if I can get paypal to reverse the charge.

PayPal is very good at protecting buyers, much better than credit card companies.

PayPal is very good at protecting buyers, much better than credit card companies.
This. That's why I stopped accepting PayPal when I sell stuff for the most part unless I am really sure about the buyer.

Same here. Billed renewal over a week ago and still seeing ads. Any updates?

Try posting in this thread that you need to be updated. Pete’s sister is very ill and one of the mods will have to update your status.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom