Question How do I block/Ignore someone who "This member limits who may view their full profile."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlugLife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
How do I block/Ignore someone who, when I visit their profile page it says "Oops! We ran into some problems. This member limits who may view their full profile."

Why would you need to do that?

You're looking at them, not the other way around. 😄

SlugLife can click on the members name and then clock "Ignore", that might help.
Maybe there's more going on then he went into detail on, reasons.
Like any other forum on the interweb, there's no denying that there are a small number of wackos on this forum. I had one of them contact me last year spouting off about since he is a longtime member (not Staff), he has the right to reach out to whomever he chooses (harassment). Strange.

Ignoring people means the thread isn’t complete so you’re only going to see the partial thread which can be confusing.

The better way is to report a bad, nasty or insulting post and the moderators will review it. This can often result in that post being edited or deleted and even that member being sanctioned or even banned.

ScubaBoard is full of "humans" who vary in their posting styles. Some are eloquent and good writers. Others less so. Some people can be plain annoying in their posting style. Trolls, who seem to get a kick out of upsetting people, tend to be banned.

Ignoring people means the thread isn’t complete so you’re only going to see the partial thread which can be confusing.

The better way is to report a bad, nasty or insulting post and the moderators will review it. This can often result in that post being edited or deleted and even that member being sanctioned or even banned.
No, ignore just means that you won't have to see the one moron who is causing the issue. Reporting a post can also result in no action being taken at all, better to be preventative and once a member has caused an issue, just ignore them. There is a very small number of members who regularly seek to cause issues and they have been here for years and don't get banned.

No, ignore just means that you won't have to see the one moron who is causing the issue. Reporting a post can also result in no action being taken at all, better to be preventative and once a member has caused an issue, just ignore them. There is a very small number of members who regularly seek to cause issues and they have been here for years and don't get banned.
Must admit that calling someone out and questioning their motives sometimes results in a row; the classic "never wrestle a pig, you both get dirty and the pig loves it".

Alerting the moderators may mean many people raise the attention of that person being a poor member and irritating good members.

SlugLife can click on the members name and then clock "Ignore", that might help.
Perfect. For whatever reason I didn't see it on the popup-modal, and was clicking through to the profile-page, where I saw the option.

Careful, you wouldn't want to end up on the naughty-list :santa3:😄

ScubaBoard is full of "humans" who vary in their posting styles. Some are eloquent and good writers. Others less so. Some people can be plain annoying in their posting style. Trolls, who seem to get a kick out of upsetting people, tend to be banned.
It does show up a little weird. While I'm trying to get anyone banned, I've seen this "goblin" being rude plenty of times and they're still around. Some people have nothing better to do than antagonize random strangers on the internet, and I have better things to do than read their comments. I'm all for freedom of speech, and freedom to not listen.

Maybe there's more going on then he went into detail on, reasons.
Like any other forum on the interweb, there's no denying that there are a small number of wackos on this forum. I had one of them contact me last year spouting off about since he is a longtime member (not Staff), he has the right to reach out to whomever he chooses (harassment). Strange.
I hope that you blocked that member.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom