How do I become an official member?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a problem. Let me know when you're planning on going back out to PK & I'll try & meet ya.

BTW I got my cert thru Burleson Scuba.

How does Sept..14th or 15th sound?

JT2 once bubbled...
How does Sept..14th or 15th sound?
Cain't, got something going monday I have to get ready for. Maybe the next weekend or so?

Never been to PK to see if all the baaad reviews are true. Bad conditions make for experienced divers. :eek:ut:

You guys may or may not beleive this but I have seen PK with 40ft viz. I guess if you are used to diving in the Carrib. or the springs of Florida, Texas lakes are going to get bad reviews, I for one love diving Texas lakes.

Sunday works better for me, but I can probably wrangle the 14th.

I've noticed a few negative comments about PK. You NEED a boat to dive PK right. Scuba Point is a bad example of what the lake has to offer.

You definitely need a boat, (which I have by the way) to really enjoy diving at PK, the reason it gets bad reviews is because most people just dive at Scuba Point. Hell's Gate for example has a couple of spots that are great dives, The Cliffs, Governor's Cove, Bluff Creek, and any of the local sunken boats.

Hey don't feel like the lone stranger, I seem to be in the same boat. I'm a new guy looking around for someone to get wet with and I come across these swamp divers and I say to myself wow this is what I was looking for how do I get in?
Then I find that all are welcome and there is nothing to it . You know that is what I like about the dive community every one is universally excepted. The only problem is I waited till I was 45 yrs old to get started, well better late than never. I might take you up on that did you say possum kingdom? How far is that from Houston? Let me know before winter sets in, cause I know North Texas is not quite an ideal place to be wet that time of year. Down here I believe that it is more or less year round so you might consider a drive south.=-)

First of all I would like to welcome you to the board Dax.:)
Possum Kingdom is about 280mi from Houston, and if you look at a map it is about 60mi west of Fort Worth. I would be more than glad to have you come up and dive at PK, we dive pretty much year round even though it does get a little nippy in the winter.

Come on back out to Twin Lakes, we'll find you a buddy!

We're usually there every Wed. but I think week may depend on the weather a bit.

We'll get back to you with future details!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom