how do female drysuit divers pee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobbolt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just thought of this perplexing question. I know male divers have devices that allow them to pee in their drysuits. Any female drysuit divers that can answer? Thanks

granny nappies, Kitty litter in the boots, or holding it are pretty much the only options.

I was at a Local Dive Shop and I saw this contraption that looked like a men's protective cup (minus the ventilation holes) and as it turned out it was a Cath for Women. They have been mentioned here but I had never seen one. It involves serious shaving and very careful precise placement (I had to ask) It also looked a tad bulky. I would guess it beats Depends and worse dehydration and even way worse DCS. Drink water 'till your hearts content and pee like the wind. :)

lobbolt:
I just thought of this perplexing question. I know male divers have devices that allow them to pee in their drysuits. Any female drysuit divers that can answer? Thanks

Take a look at these two sites. www.stadiumpal.com/what.htm and www.omsdive.com/dryacces.html maybe they'll helpyou out.

hardhat:
Take a look at these two sites. www.stadiumpal.com/what.htm and www.omsdive.com/dryacces.html maybe they'll helpyou out.
While it's conceivable that hooking up some sort of 'stick-on' collection bag/external catheter of the sort offered by your latter link to an 'overboard discharge valve' of the type shown in your former link might work for females, remember KISS. (The collection bag on the leg won't work consistently for the underwater environment, for many reasons related to gravity and pressure).

In the absence of anything else holding it to the body, it would require some hellacious glue - not to mention a close shave. Some sort of harness might be worn to hold it in position, or a type of heavy panty with a hole in the appropriate location for the bag, but between the harness or whatever, the glue, and the collection bag its a lot to have going on inside your drysuit - and all those parts have to integrate well. Any visit by Murphy and you pee all over yourself.

I know a few women who do some major deep, long dives. I'm told they have pallet loads of Depends in their garages. Messy perhaps, but generally failsafe.

Back
Top Bottom