How difficult is it to resize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carldarl

Contributor
Reaction score
How difficult is it to resize a wetsuit. I have a 3mm Farmer John with Jacket size 5xl. It only has 8 total dives, 4 pool / 4 lake. I have since lost around 150 pounds and am wearing a 3xl moving toward a 2xl. I also have a 7mm FUll suit 4xl.

Can they be effectively resized or do I need to sell them and buy new? If sell, anybody out there need a couple "barely used" wetsuits in 4xl & 5xl?

Carl

It would probably cost you as much as a new suit to get it altered. Congrats on losing enough weight to need a new suit! That's a great "problem" to have.

Superior Diving Repair...google it, they have a Web site...they can do any kind of alterations you would need...

Thanks. It is a nice problem, better than the alternative. I'll check out the Superior Diving Repair and see if it is worth messing with.

kidspot:
If it looks like you'll continue this downward trend, you might look at picking up a wetsuit from http://www.scubal.com as they are inexpensive enough to be "temp" suits.

Ideally I would like to lose another 40-50 pounds but I have totally quit losing this winter. I even gained about five pounds due to inactivity. (and a seet tooth):D

I also picked up a 2mm shorty and have a 3/2 full suit. Combined or the 2mm plus the 7mm will work till I am closer to being done. Maybe this is the weight I end at. Who knows. I DO like to eat.

I understand very well... I like to eat too :D but that's what makes us such "well rounded individuals"... for better or worse :wink:

I'm in the same boat as you, I need to drop 60+lbs myself.

Best of luck to us both :D

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom