How Deep is Too Deep for You?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I need a reason to put up with the deco and justify the gas $$$....if the reason is good then the depth doesn't really matter.

MALTA_DIVER:
The only depth limits I place on myself are Deco obligations and ppo2. I have been to 270 +-fsw on air quite a few times. I'm a real air hog so I'm not there to long. Think bounce dives
My personal ppo2 limit is 2.2/2.4 on air. for short periods. I know so many people/agencies say this is wrong but I have felt no lasting effects so far. I'm not the kind of person to freak out or act irrational so why not?
I was 17 the first time I went to combat and have been in two wars and many conflicts in the mean time so when people tell me "its dangerous"(to go deep) I just laugh to myself.
I know I'm on my own down there and don't expect to be rescued or the Government to come help me if I get in trouble. Just me and the water the way it should be!
I also have new Zeagle gear so I can go even deeper!!!!

'bout time we got a good troll... this has the potential to really stress the new servers...

Never to DEEP. Just duct tape some more bottles on and go for it!

MALTA_DIVER:
The only depth limits I place on myself are Deco obligations and ppo2. I have been to 270 +-fsw on air quite a few times. I'm a real air hog so I'm not there to long. Think bounce dives
My personal ppo2 limit is 2.2/2.4 on air. for short periods. I know so many people/agencies say this is wrong but I have felt no lasting effects so far. I'm not the kind of person to freak out or act irrational so why not?
I was 17 the first time I went to combat and have been in two wars and many conflicts in the mean time so when people tell me "its dangerous"(to go deep) I just laugh to myself.
I know I'm on my own down there and don't expect to be rescued or the Government to come help me if I get in trouble. Just me and the water the way it should be!
I also have new Zeagle gear so I can go even deeper!!!!

Well, you are certainly free to do what you want, since you are by yourself, but even some of the "out there" divers I've met would not do that.

270 fsw is only 1.92 ppO2 on 21%. I was going to inquire about booking odds for him lasting no more than a year with the 2.4 ppO2, but at less than 2.0 on 21% I might push that out to 5 years...

lamont:
'bout time we got a good troll... this has the potential to really stress the new servers...

I have to ask this... the whole "message board" thing is fairly new to me (I've gone to some trucking message boards for a few months now...).

What exactly IS a troll? I think I know but I'm not 100% on it.

trucker girl:
What exactly IS a troll? I think I know but I'm not 100% on it.

"In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets."

Back
Top Bottom