• 75-100 ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • 100+ ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • How deep is the titanic again?

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, not really! It's been said elsewhere in this thread - I dive as deep as I need to to complete the dive plan of the day. But always within the no-decompression limits.

My deepest dive to date, shortly after completing AOW, was to 110 feet. It was on a reef wall in the Med and really enjoyable.

Does anyone else agree that (currents and tides notwithstanding) there's a greater tranquillity about deeper dives. The downside - and a reason why I enjoy shallower ones just as much - is the occasional thermocline and the shorter bottom time allowed.

Using my computer (Aladin Sports Plus) I am really getting into the benefits of multi-level diving.

Dive safe!

MN :wink:

I've been going to San Diego diving for close to 17 years and if you dive the walls at La Jolla Shores or Scripps you generally go to 100fsw to 130fsw. I like the wreck dives at wreck alley, like the Yukon, a 366' Canadain destroyer that sits in about 100fsw. Be careful, be trained, and have a buddy you can absolutely trust with your life. If you can't don't go:eek:ut: For a great San Diego dive web site check out www.divebums.com

I knew this would happen, nobody has yet admitted to diving deep on air. A couple "I once went a little deep" posts but that's it. Are there really no other deep air divers on this board?

Come on, who's seen 240+? I bet a bunch of you have.....

Tom

Not yet Tom

This summer will be my first over 130'... on air. Nitrox next year... and then Trimix somewhere down the road.

Ty

Using air - I wasn't there long - nice sandy bottom.

Later on a wall dive I hit 97 feet and thought that I could "break my record and go 5 feet more" Then I came to my senses and remembered a promise to myself that I wouldn't treat diving like a competitive sport. (I get enough of that in my rec hockey league)

Glad I didn't go - there was nothing really to see deeper, it just got darker.

You'll get there Ty. it's not a thing to be rushed. I had over 10 years of diving before I busted 130'. You're on the right p[ath with trimix too, air's not the way. The times they are a changin.....

Tom

Well last weekend i was at 400 feet using trimix of course

deep diving on air... Last month 220 feet for 60 minutes and about 200 feet inside the San Fransisco Maru, located in Truk Lagoon found some great china and a couple of old sailors.

there is just no reason to dive deep on air if He is available, but if its not then ..... well you make the choice

... into the personalities and possible motivations of the various posters is an interesting excercise...

While some have stated reasons for posting all have unstated reasons and underlying (usually unperceived) motivations.

A few IMO have real psychological issues that beg for professional help.

Perhaps some of you are aware of what is being revealed in this thread but my guess is that most of you are oblivious to the exposé.

You might want to re-read the thread and ask yourself, "Why did he/she post this?

Then ask yourself, "Would I dive with this person?"

Figuring out the meaning behind Pug's post regarding figuring out the meaning behind these posts is also an interesting exercise.

I'm not certain where he's going (or is it coming from?) with this but I've come to trust his opinion enough to guess he's likely to be right.

Tom

ps- I'm just left wondering if I'm one of those Pug thinks needs professional help

:eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom