• 75-100 ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • 100+ ft

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • How deep is the titanic again?

Votes: 10 4.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolphinus once bubbled...
My deepest was 200 ft on a single 80 air cylinder....this was when I was curious, young, dumb and stupid. Looking back, I would say I am just lucky to be here today. My dives now are conservative, I stay in the 50-90 feet range. This is where you find most of the marine life, at 200 feet you see mostly sand, and your thought processes functions slow. Dive safe:wink:

Dolphinus
What kind of bottom time did you have on that 200ft dive with an 80cf cylinder?

Jeff

I wreck dive in Lake Superior and Lake Huron. The wrecks that are in good shape have to be down at least 75' or the ice and waves break them up. We usually go from 75-105' in 42 F water. Those thermoclines really wake you up! I'm looking forward to Coz and deep buy warm reefs.:eek:

:(
I think my posting may have been misread, I was talking about Altitude diving not maximum depth.

Altitude diving has problems of it's own due to the atmosphere/air being thinner the higher you go to make your dive. As the atmospheric pressure is less than at sea level the gas coming out of your tissues is more likely to form bubbles (not a good thing) than on surfacing at sea level. (BS-AC have special altitude diving tables for altitude diving.

The lake I mentioned in my posting is the highest Navigble Lake in the world.

I look forward to recieving replies from anyone who has experienced altitude diving.

May your bubbles go forever upwards
Aquamore

techdiver12 once bubbled...
difine deep what is deep
I think that in the case of this thread the question is asking how far below the surface you dive as expressed in feet or meters. Pehaps an answer giving a range of preferred depths as well as maximum depth is the answer sought.

In a different context it could also refer to *penetration.*

Ya think?

....Just to make sure we are all singing from the same song sheet, define altitude dive!

Aquamore

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom