How Cold Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my buddy is here in BC from Oregon and is posting this thread. Being that there are not many spots to dive in the state, most of us head for washington and the Puget Sound where the water is about 40-50 degrees depending on the season. There are some fresh water lakes around the state, most lovely is Clear lake, at altitude, near the center of Oregon, the water temps there hang right around 38 year round but the lake is inaccesible in the winter. The rivers are not much to dive in unless you are getting paid to do it, like I do. Get a dry suit. : ) Cheers from Vancouver Island and heading back home to my boat on the Columbia river. Ron CCR Dolphin Diver

Dry suit, what's a dry suit? LOL don't need them too often down here. A 7 mm wet suit works most of the time. Just a comment from a WWW.

Back
Top Bottom