How cold have you had the Fusion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just had a chance to try on a Fusion and loved it. The only question I have is how cold have you had it? Being in Canada and starting my tech training, I will be dealing with cold water (high 30's to low 40's) for extended periods of time. Anyone have any first hand experience with this suit in those kinds of conditions?

Jim

I've had my Fusion in the low 40's. It's like any laminate suit, what matters is what you put under it. I dove it with a layer of thin polarfleece (ski leggings and a stretch turtleneck) as well as a 200g Thinsulate vest, and I was as warm as sitting in my living room. Without the vest, I'm cold after an hour. This is acceptable to me, as it's within the range of anything I've dived before the Fusion, except that I've NEVER been as warm as with the Mk3 and the vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom