How can i get rid of backscatter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
I'm just an PS Elements (Costco $89) user. :D Elements has the healing brush tools... and I think that spot healing is one of them. I'll have to check.

Come to think of it, Pug, you are right. PSE3 had the spot healing brush and a nifty redeye tool which were so good they had to include them in PsCs2. Talk about an upgrade.

---Bob

Uncle Pug:
Yes... use the healing brush tool in replace mode. In the example below the original image was too dark... but when I lightened it a ton of backscatter appeared. I used the healing brush tool to get rid of it.
Thanks Uncle for the tip. I used the healing tool on a bad pic with mountains of backscatter and bubbles. The tool worked as advertised, although bursting every small bubble with the mouse introduces the risk of RSI.

I killed off some distracting foliage while I was at it, and the healing tool helped blend the hole over as well.

I suppose the best solution is to use strobes on arms and minimise the problem in the first place, but sometimes you work with what you've got.

Before and after shots are attached.

Thanks again.

Nice job!

Niiice. What's that the shark has in his mouth? A diver's finger?

:D When I DL'd the pictures I was thinking almost the same thing.... "Hey, it didn't have anything in its mouth." When I zoomed in I noticed that it was just a shadow. The white tip reef shark has a little hook like thingie on their "upper lip"

Back
Top Bottom