How best to stow 7' hose on gear not in use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwl

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
hi folks,

i went out on a boat today with a GUE-style rig for the first time, and have been trying to figure out the best way to stow the long (7') hose when it's not in use.

the boat is a rigid inflatable (RIB) surveyed for 12 divers: gear is stowed on a central platform and we sit on the sides & don't don gear until we reach the site. on the trip out & back i had the 7' hose in a sort of coil & clipped into the right shoulder d-ring, but the hose didn't want to stay in the neat coil & became a bit of a mess.

any tips for stowing the hose in this sort of situation? pictures would be really good.

thks

i normally clip off the reg and let the hose hang down.
try coiling it and putting the bolt snap through the coil so when it's clipped it holds the hose up?

I usually coil it and clip it, and then hook the top of the coil over some part of valve (valve top on a single, isolator on doubles). It might also work to hook it behind the top of the wing, although I have never tried that.

I coil it up, clip it off to the right d-ring and use push the second stage through the coil to keep it from uncoiling.

with doubles i usually just run it up around behind all the valves which is good enough. to keep the crotch strap neat, mine is long enough that i can hook it over the isolator valve (usually this is for using hand trucks).

with a single tank you probably want to coil it up a bit (not too tight) and run the second stage through the loops to hold them and then clip it off, like several have already suggested...

You may want to leave your canister light off until arriving at the dive site. The cord and lighthead are some of the more fragile bits to have bouncing around and/or stepping on the floor.

I coil mine up and thread the boltsnap through the middle of the coil, and clip it to the right chest d-ring. That keeps it neat and up off the floor, and it can't uncoil or get pulled off a valve if it gets hooked on someone passing by.

thanks folks - the coil & feed 2nd stage seems to be the most obvious way; i'll give that a try & see how it looks.

if anyone has a pic of their gear in "stowed" state i'd still like to see it: preferably single tank.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom