How are the Pinnacle Evolution neoprene cuffs supposed to fit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roee

New
Reaction score
On the Pinnacle Evolution and Merino-Evolution undergarments, how are the neoprene ankle and wrist cuffs supposed to fit? Should they be fully extended, in which case there's nothing but neoprene on a several inches of forearm and calf? Or should the pant legs and sleeves be long enough so that the cuffs roll back onto themselves, such that the entire forearm and calf are also covered by the non-neoprene part of the undergarment?

Thanks,
-Roee

On the Pinnacle Evolution and Merino-Evolution undergarments, how are the neoprene ankle and wrist cuffs supposed to fit?

Doesn't matter, personal preference, as long as they don't interfere with the drysuit seals.

Doesn't matter, personal preference, as long as they don't interfere with the drysuit seals.

Well, I don't have a personal preference yet because I haven't bought it yet. I'm asking because I want to make sure that I'll buy the right size for me. I'll ask the question a little differently:

Do the neoprene cuffs provide good thermal insulation by themselves? Or will my forearms and calves be cold if they are only covered by the neoprene cuffs?

Thanks,
-Roee

Well, I don't have a personal preference yet because I haven't bought it yet. I'm asking because I want to make sure that I'll buy the right size for me. I'll ask the question a little differently:

Do the neoprene cuffs provide good thermal insulation by themselves? Or will my forearms and calves be cold if they are only covered by the neoprene cuffs?

Thanks,
-Roee

They're fine. You won't notice anything.

It's actually a nice feature, since they make the UW thiiner around the area where your gloves and socks usually bunch up.

Terry

Thanks guys. I picked one up, and I'll probably get it in the water this weekend. I'll report my impressions after a dive or two.

fwiw I turn my cuffs back to halve their length. I find otherwise I get a bit of a leak when I'm doing valve drills

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom