How about this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sound on a website is never a good idea

hambleto once bubbled...
Perhaps there is a dive charted called wreck valley. But they do not own the domain www.wreckvalley.com. As long as we specify on the site that we are the Wreck Valley dive club and that we are not a business under the same name we are not infrindging on their name.

I myself can do some web design, but I am not a graphic artist by far. So if you can make a web page look good that is great! Typicaly when I setup a Photo Gallery on a web page I use a PHP scipt that dynamicaly generates the thumbnails and web pages and can resize the images on the fly.

There is a dive boat called the Wreck Valley. Dan berg has called his last two boats that along with his TV series that used to drun on madison square garden netwrok (the videos are still available)

His company name is AquaExplorers..

Attached Is a picture of Wreck Valley and My friends wife taking a swim during a surface interval while hooked into the Oregon

sound on a website is never a good idea
It really depends on what the site is for, the design, etc.

I agree background sound or music on site, like you see on a lot of personal sites or businesses that didn't want to spend $$$ for a real design stinks, but...

If a site is designed in Flash sometimes sound can really add to the site. A perfect example would be movie, music, and game sites (especially action, horrow, sci fi movies.

Look at Alien as an example. Really cool site, but it wouldn't half as good without sound.

But I was probably getting carried away with some of the ideas I had for wreckvalley.

O.k. I took MD's idea of using the gallery script instead of the albums and installed it at http://gallery.wreckvalley.com/ If it is alright with everyone, let me know who is going to post images and IM so I can setup logins through the web page. That way you can upload the images yourself and create the gallery as you want to for yourself. This will save the time of people having to e-mail the images to me and me putting them up. This way you can go right there and put up the images and name them or whatever you want to do. Is this o.k. with everyone? Let me know what everyone wants.
Ben

Works for me!

I guess at least the 10 founding members for now, should have access.

Since I'm guessing only the admin has rights to edit and delete albums, I don't care if every member gets a log in.

Keep in mind this is only a rough.

I don't know if we really need all those sections in the navigation, or if there's other sections it's missing?

Xjae has some shots he's sending me, I was thinking of putting a footer on it, laid out the same way as the header, except a shot from at depth. That's why I asked about people sending me pics before. Even if anyone has a better surface shot than this, that we can still get the same effect.

Just like the logo, thing will probably change. Maybe a different font on the navigation. The one I used kind of works for a scuba site, but does it look too much like warm water, vacation warrior, I onlydive in the caribbean font? I was also thinking even maybe the nav in Flash and making it slightlt transparent, maybe even have them kind of appear to be floating in the water?

interface.jpg

theyre numbered. file name wise.
those ones you said are probably the best for what u have in mind.
472 and 437 are my favorites.

either way you'll probably have to strech the background color up.

Cool. I'll probably have the background fade into the color that's in the background now.

Much easier to read copy, than if the whole bg was a deep blue.

Send em over! grunzster@wreckvalley.com

i just sent you 472 and 437.
seperate emails.
let me know if they went through.
i used a web based mail app, so?

Back
Top Bottom