How about this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Either one works for me. I don't really care as long as it's organized nicely.

Remember we're going to have a lot of pics from a lot of members.

I like the idea. If you need any help with web graphics let me know... I designed the Beneath The Sea website.

cheers,
-VT

http://www.beneaththesea.org

hambleto once bubbled...
Perhaps there is a dive charted called wreck valley. But they do not own the domain www.wreckvalley.com. As long as we specify on the site that we are the Wreck Valley dive club and that we are not a business under the same name we are not infrindging on their name.

I myself can do some web design, but I am not a graphic artist by far. So if you can make a web page look good that is great! Typicaly when I setup a Photo Gallery on a web page I use a PHP scipt that dynamicaly generates the thumbnails and web pages and can resize the images on the fly.

I don't know about anyone else but sound on a home page kinda bugs me. It seems like my sound is always turned up and then BAM! music. I guess I would be expecting it at that site and would be ready for it. So either way.
Eric

As I told grunzster, I am not a web designer. I can do it, but I am not good at it. I am going to leave it up to the founding members as to what they want on the page. I know had a good list of items to be on it.

I'm not a huge fan of sound either, especially music.

If I did do sound it would be more for effect, especially if the site was built in Flash.

For example:

The constant sound of waves/surge/etc.
sounds for any animals, boats, etc. that may move across the screen every now and then
A reg being breathed through under water
bubbles
sounds on buttons (one idea I had if we use flash, is maybe having divers as buttons accross the top, when you click on them they deploy a lift big, which would have the name of the page on it)

Think like movie sites, where you usually have some sort of constant sound, but it's subtle.

Very true.

As far as the cool facter, it would be nice to do some of the effects I mentioned, BUT...

I guess a lot of us are going to be surfing the site during the day, when we're miserable at work wishing we were diving.

Kind of like we do with this site now!

Also as cool as it is, it's not needed. We don't need all the effects and eye candy, to try to build hype or to sell something. Most of the visitors will be going to the site, because they already do dive, are looking for specific info or to look at pic, see where people are diving, etc.

Maybe just Flash navigation with some cool effect, at the most, just to make our site cooler than the other diving sites out there.

Maybe we could also have a multimedia section to post dive related animations, videos, games, etc?

It all sounds good to me. As far as the mail forwarders, I resolved an issue that was preventing some mail from getting though and that is working so I can setup forwarders and defined by the founding members. As far as getting pictures of events up. Right now I am going to use the album scripts until I hear otherwise. If you want pictures of gatherings and the such posted email them the admin@wreckvalley.com and let me know what you want the folder named (i.e. the DutchSprings.10.25.03) then let me know you sent them and I will get them up ASAP.
Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom