Hover Tigullio 52 inflator replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XfiXit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, new to the board and diving into my first set of gear as i just got my OWD certificate.

Although i never dove one, i know i want a BP/W in the future. Ofcourse, having to buy it all at once i will spend my first big bucks on a decent reg, divecomputer and a wetsuit (build for the Dutch tropical weather )

I found this back inflate BCD Hover Tigullio T52, looking pretty solid and not used very much on sale. The person selling it is pretty honest, admitting the inflator is leaking a bit.

Are all, and in particular this BCD's inflators interchangeable? And i can not find a website here selling the brand, so would it be hard finding someone to fix a small problem with this brand (Not gonna fix a hell lot, probably will buy a new set in about 1 or 2 years if still diving frequent in my home country.

Any thoughts on this BCD? Last posts on the SB are from 2003/2006? Is the bcd that old, or just not that in favor on this board?

Hope to hear some thoughts!
Thanks in advance,
Ronald

You probably need to change the seat of the inflator valve. They are all very similar...
Tigullio was an historical Italian manufacturer based in Sicily (despite their "ligurian" name).
However, buying such an old BCD makes sense only if the price is truly minimal, say less than 50 euros.
This Tigullio BCD is still on sale, for 210 eur: Tigullio - Hover Basic BCD |
Used should be half price, and the inflator to be serviced/repaired makes half again. It is worth 50 eur maximum...

You probably need to change the seat of the inflator valve. They are all very similar...
Tigullio was an historical Italian manufacturer based in Sicily (despite their "ligurian" name).
However, buying such an old BCD makes sense only if the price is truly minimal, say less than 50 euros.
This Tigullio BCD is still on sale, for 210 eur: Tigullio - Hover Basic BCD |
Used should be half price, and the inflator to be serviced/repaired makes half again. It is worth 50 eur maximum...

It is indeed 50eu, but it is also the only backinflate bcd i can find for under 350 euro's, and i'm not gonna pay 350 for a second hand since a mares XR single tank goes for 499 brand new.

But it is not as simple as cutting the inflator of, replace it with a new one that fits the corrogated hose and done if i understand.

Thanks for the honesty, i guess i wont be buying this ancient device then, guess it will be a jacket for now then

In realty swapping the inflator is reallly that simple: unzip the plastic fastener, detach the internal stainless-steel cable, attach it to the new inflator, sleeve the rubber hose over it and install a new plastic zip tie... 2 minutes...
Tigullio was not a widely known brand, but has a log history and always targeted the range of excellent products.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom