Houston diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetodive2

Reaction score
Hi Texas

I just moved back to the Houston area and looking for some people to chat with about diving. Hopefully along the way will
meet some sane people that I can buddy with. I learned to
dive in Houston but have been gone for a few years. Anyway, wanted to say hi and see if I could find some local people
to talk to. Thanks and happy diving.:)

I'll be the first swamp diveer to say welcome to the board.

We have a growing group in the Houston area. Here on the board I'm sure Dee will pop in soonly and say hello. Check out our schedule for the year and if you can join us on a dive speak up. If you want to make one speak up and you can probably get a buddy.

I grew up in Houston and the weather North Texas is getting right now is like old home to me.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Vyles
I grew up in Houston and the weather North Texas is getting right now is like old home to me.

Tom
What? Warm and muggy? With enough humidity that you feel like you have to use your scuba regulator just to go outside?

Howdy from me L2D2 (hey! I like that! be you a star wars fan?) Like Tom says, we Texans have a strong represnetation on this board and someone is always going somewhere to dive. We have a dive calendar posted and it includes a few blue water trips and some local stuff. I hope you can join up with us!

--TexasMike

Welcome Neighbor. What part of Houston? We're on the east side near Baytown.

There are a few of us that try to get together every couple or three weeks at Joes for some shrimp n' shrimp...you're welcome to join us!

Welcome! I also live in the Houston area - near Humble. I just joined in December and it's been great! Lots of good ole Southern Hospitality!

I haven't met personaly met anyone yet but I am checking the calender in hope of joining a TSD trip.

:wave:

Hey Duke, welcome to Houston! To Dee, TexasMike, Tom, and the others, I know I have not posted anything lately but I am still lurking out here and I do drop in to read. I just have not had time to post. Dee, if you are still doing those get-togethers at Joe's, let me know. It was a blast when I got together with y'all back in November.

Wanted to thank everyone for their warm welcome.
I live in Pearland and work in Houston. I am always
interested in getting together and meeting new
people to dive with. Sounds like you all have a lot
of fun. So just let me know when you have a get
together. I am always up for diving, I am hoping
to get new equipment as soon as I figure out what
to buy. I do have equipment that I can use until
then. I am into lake, ocean and any other kind
of diving, I am not picky. I love camping/dive trips.
Anyway thanks for the welcome and do keep in
touch.

:p

Sounds like you will fit right in.

We have a couple trips to Travis planned. Camping is always fun.

Keep an eye on the calendar and join us when you can.

Tom

I'm still getting used to the traffic, and still trying to get a home. Right now my dive gear is packed and back in Midland waiting for me to find a place to put it.
Perhaps once I land somewhere we could find places to dive.

Terry

Terry,

As a once Houstonian.....

You never get used to the traffic. You just learn to deal with it a little better and where not to be at certain times of the day. Like the west loop between 2p and 7p...

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom