House Arrest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A recent thread has given me pause for much thought. The social experiment that ScubaBoard is, enforces permabanning as the ultimate penalty for offending the community. Death sentence.

So let's experiment? How about a new forum, "House Arrest" where the banished can thrash about with their own kind?

Members in good standing with over, IDK, 1K posts or so can opt in. Private forum, can't be seen or searched from the outside. Unmoderated. Big boys and girls only.

Thoughts?

No, it would be the land of the permabanned...

Well, uh, maybe if one really, really behaved for years in the inferno (under casual observation), one could be pardoned...

Might be interesting like the decostop just more active.

Too funny, people would be fighting to get in!

:rofl3::bicker::facepalm:

:rofl3: :letsparty::eyebrow: :rant: :laughrant:

Sounds like you'd be better off starting your own web site. Doubt SB would want to contribute resource to those who did not play will with others.

land_of_the_lost_poster.jpg

Just a thought for discussion...

Edit:
Me start a website? Nope. I wouldn't have the patience for it.

You make a good point with spending resource to support bad behavior. So how about they have to pay to "Go Orange"? I'm certain that this isn't going anywhere, but it is fun to consider.

Last edited:
Just a thought for discussion...

Edit:
Me start a website? Nope. I wouldn't have the patience for it.

You make a good point with spending resource to support bad behavior. So how about they have to pay to "Go Orange"? I'm certain that this isn't going anywhere, but it is fun to consider.

:rofl3: How about a ticket/fine system. First offense, $25. Second offense, $50. Third offense, $100. It's like buying your way back into society. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom