Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thook

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are they still running Dive Paradise out of there? If not who are they using????

They were as of about a week ago, which was the last time I was at the shop down there. I was also told that Dive Paradise had closed their main office in town and is now running everything out of the shop across the street from Hotel Cozumel.

They were as of about a week ago, which was the last time I was at the shop down there. I was also told that Dive Paradise had closed their main office in town and is now running everything out of the shop across the street from Hotel Cozumel.
As I understand it they are closing the facility downtown and moving operations to their site across from Villablanca as they own that facility and pier, to reduce costs. They will continue to operate the Hotel Cozumel site as the in-house dive op. I am guessing, but I would think that Hotel Cozumel owns that property.

DP is alive and kicking ass! Just returned from Hotel Cozumel. Tell Bernice and Bernado at the front desk that Darren says hi. Cross the street and tell him you heard that the local iguanas bite teenagers. Happened to my 14 year old last week.

LOL that’s funny! Thanks guys... I have emailed them several times and not heard back... I heard a rumor but guess that’s not true... good news!

Do we need to bring our own locks for the lockers, or does Hotel Cozumel provide them for use while we're there?

Do we need to bring our own locks for the lockers, or does Hotel Cozumel provide them for use while we're there?
They are built into the lockers, at checkin ask for a key, we prefer the top lockers.
Then go check it out, make sure lock works, hinges aren't broken, etc.
Every morning wetsuits, one morning a boot, etc where still there after being left out all nite.

Every morning wetsuits, one morning a boot, etc where still there after being left out all nite.

Do you mean your wetsuits were still there the next morning when you came back? We usually hang our stuff out on the railing at our room - is that an option?

Thank you for the info about locks - I'll probably go for a bottom locker as I'm short and have had a hard time hefting things above shoulder level (unless the top is lower than I'm thinking). :wink:

There are places to hang your gear or towels etc on the balcony. If I remember correctly 4 wooden pegs on 1 side & 2 short lengths of wood on the other side. Many years ago I had read (but never heard if it was true) of gear theft from outside ground level rooms. I always stay on the upper level & if someone can get at it there they are a monkey or came with a tall ladder. Hotel photo tour is here. It has a photo of the lockers. On my trip in Feb the locker I was given still had a wet wetsuit & booties in it. I alerted the front desk & hopefully the gear & owner were re united.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskS8V7Ew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom