Hotel Cozumel And Dive Paradise Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I walked through Hotel Barracuda once during the middle of the day and the pool had been taken over by a cruise ship crew (mostly Russian); they were having a great time but it was a bit too noisy for me. Based on that I crossed it off my list. Was that an anomaly? That was quite a while ago and the divers on my boats that were staying there seemed happy with it. Does it have a beach area? Just curious.

The cruise ship crew members do tend to take over the pool area during the day and the music can be loud. Since we are out diving, and they have pretty much all gone back to their ships by the time we get back after the afternoon dive, so it's not been an issue. The only time it's ever been inconvenient is if the port is closed and there's no diving. Sundays there are no cruise ships so it's generally quiet all day. There is a man made sandy beach area, and steps down to the water next to the pier.

Great report. I've stayed at Hotel Cozumel 3 times in the last 5 years. In fact I'm typing this while setting near the pool. I've never used DP expect for shore diving at the hotel, which can be an night/evening dive.

speaking of night/shore diving, how is it at Hotel Coz? We're going on our first Cozumel trip with our dive shop and staying at Hotel Cozumel and diving with Dive Paradise. Looking forward to it very much (duh!) :)

The shore diving is mostly a sandy bottom with a some rock piles, some rubble and a mini mayan structure. If you like micro or poking around for sand dwellers and juvenile fish you will like it. If you are looking for coral and the big stuff you will likely be disappointed. I love all fish life so I quite enjoyed it.

When night diving at Hotel Cozumel be sure to keep and eye out for squid and octopus. There are also a couple of drum fish there just outside the swim area.

Never stayed at HC, so nice to get a detailed report for divers, thanks. I have stayed at the Barracuda once but never again, mainly due to the taking over of the pool and waterfront by the general public, not just the cruise ship crews. The hotel bar then caters to them and it gets really loud to the point of drunk spring break-ish par-tee time. Great waterfront / in-town location, but no can do.

thnx for sharing

Back
Top Bottom