Hotel Closing List for Cozumel and Mayan Riviera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have received a press release from Adventure Tours and FunJet vacations.

These reorts all suffered damage. I will post as soon as possible the re-opening dates as as soon as they are sent to me. If you have travel booked to the region int he immediate future contact your travel agent or stay tuned to the board for more information.

Cozumel

Allegro
Grand Cozumel
Iberostar
Melia
Presidente
Reef Club
Sol Cabanas Del Caribe

Cancun /Riviera Maya

Allegro Playacar
Adventure Spa Palace
Bahia Principe Akumal
Bahia Principe Tulum
Barcelo Maya Beach
Calaonia Riviera Maya
Club El Mandarin
Club Maeva Tulum
El Dorado Seaside Resorts
El Dorado Royale
Freedom Paradise
Grand Palladium Resorts and Spa
Grand Xcaret by Occidental
Hidden Beach Resort Au Natural Resort
Iberostar Paraiso Beach and Del Mar
Iberostar Paraiso Maya and Lindo
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan
Oasis Akumal
Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental
he Reef Coco Beach
Xpu-Ha Palace

PM me if you need some more information. I will give you what I can.

Debra Welch
Surface Interval Scuba

Hotel Re-Opening List for Cozumel and Mayan Riviera

I have received a press release from FunJet vacations.

If you have travel booked to the region in the immediate future contact your travel agent or stay tuned to the board for more information.

Cozumel

Allegro 11/1/05
Grand Cozumel 11/1/2005
Iberostar 11/01/2005
Melia 7/23/2005
Presidente 7/21/2005
Reef Club 11/01/2005
Sol Cabanas Del Caribe 7/23/2005

Cancun /Riviera Maya

Allegro Playacar 7/25/2005
Adventure Spa Palace 11/01/2005
Bahia Principe Akumal 7/29/2005
Bahia Principe Tulum 7/29/2005
Barcelo Maya Beach - no report
Calaonia Riviera Maya- 8/1/2005
Club El Mandarin 8/8/2005
Club Maeva Tulum no -report
El Dorado Seaside Resorts 8/6/2005
El Dorado Royale 7/21/2005
Freedom Paradise no report
Grand Palladium Resorts and Spa 8/6/2005
Grand Xcaret by Occidental no report
Hidden Beach Resort Au Natural Resort 8/6/2005
Iberostar Paraiso Beach and Del Mar 7/23/2005
Iberostar Paraiso Maya and Lindo 7/23/2005
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan 7/23/2005
Oasis Akumal 8/12/2005
Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental 7/25/2005
he Reef Coco Beach 7/21/2005
Xpu-Ha Palace 11/01/2005

Debra Welch
Surface Interval Scuba

Can you find out anymore on this Resort. We are going down Oct 1. and I booked my hotel with a company in Cancun and they are telling me everything is fine there.

Debraw:
Hotel Re-Opening List for Cozumel and Mayan Riviera

I have received a press release from FunJet vacations.

If you have travel booked to the region in the immediate future contact your travel agent or stay tuned to the board for more information.

Cozumel

Allegro 11/1/05
Grand Cozumel 11/1/2005
Iberostar 11/01/2005
Melia 7/23/2005
Presidente 7/21/2005
Reef Club 11/01/2005

Cancun /Riviera Maya

Allegro Playacar 7/25/2005
Adventure Spa Palace 11/01/2005
Bahia Principe Akumal 7/29/2005
Bahia Principe Tulum 7/29/2005
Barcelo Maya Beach - no report
Calaonia Riviera Maya- 8/1/2005
Club El Mandarin 8/8/2005
Club Maeva Tulum no -report
El Dorado Seaside Resorts 8/6/2005
El Dorado Royale 7/21/2005
Freedom Paradise no report
Grand Palladium Resorts and Spa 8/6/2005
Grand Xcaret by Occidental no report
Hidden Beach Resort Au Natural Resort 8/6/2005
Iberostar Paraiso Beach and Del Mar 7/23/2005
Iberostar Paraiso Maya and Lindo 7/23/2005
Iberostar Quetzal and Tucan 7/23/2005
Oasis Akumal 8/12/2005
Royal Hideaway Playacar by Occidental 7/25/2005
he Reef Coco Beach 7/21/2005
Xpu-Ha Palace 11/01/2005

Debra Welch
Surface Interval Scuba

All charter flights with Adventure Tours and Funjet Vacations to Cozumel have been suspended as of today at through September 30, 2005. Call your agents or FJ/At directly to re-book. What a nightmare. I feel like I have lost the last 48 hours of my life.

Debraw:
...snip... What a nightmare. I feel like I have lost the last 48 hours of my life.

Think of how the people of Cozumel feel....major league bummer!

Debraw:
Allegro 11/1/05
Grand Cozumel 11/1/2005
Iberostar 11/01/2005
Melia 7/23/2005
Presidente 7/21/2005
Reef Club 11/01/2005

Wow, looks like the southern resorts got hit hard. November? No wonder FunJet is stopping flights. Sucks for Christi and the other in town ops, but I see the financial stanpoint....those are the big hotels for them.

For those of you who's vacation has been messed up...try to go anyway. The southern resorts don't really represent what Coz has to offer and your tourist money will be the best way to help recovery.

James

Thats just whacked! Ive got a trip in Mid-September and am trying to find reasonable airfare. I would hope for a quick refund from Funjet but doubt it, even though they are in breach of their carraige contract. I would also imagine that there will be some nice price increases from the schduled air carriers since they wont have any competition. Just ran quote from Dallas to CZM its now $597. Thanks Funjet!

Otter:
Think of how the people of Cozumel feel....major league bummer!

This comment kind of feels like you made a dig at me. I completely understand how the people of Cozumel feel. I am on the front lines of trying to reschedule a dozen people or so who had trips planned to Cozumel in August. I have even been helping people who did not book with me! ANDDDDD I am running a dive shop at the same time with my busiest month EVER! I do the best I can, and I am a nice person.

Debraw:
This comment kind of feels like you made a dig at me. I completely understand how the people of Cozumel feel. I am on the front lines of trying to reschedule a dozen people or so who had trips planned to Cozumel in August. I have even been helping people who did not book with me! ANDDDDD I am running a dive shop at the same time with my busiest month EVER! I do the best I can, and I am a nice person.

I don't think Otter was making a dig at you, but you have to understand that rescheduling vacations and running a dive shop in Texas may be a lot of work, but it's nothing compared to the "nightmare" that the Coz locals are going through right now.

I was in Cozumel during the hurricane, I saw first hand the destruction that occured. Myself and others worked our tails off the morning after hurricane to tear down the destroyed palapa that had covered the poolside restaurant at the FA so it wouldn't be in danger of collapsing any further.

There's months and months of HARD labor in store for the Coz locals, in order to have a healthy environment for which to live in and to bring back the tourists that feed their economy. Just think about it, it's your vacation, it's their livelihood..............no comparison.

Mel

Debraw:

Debraw:

Knowing Otter I know he was NOT taking a dig at you. You're just stressed right now.

I can sympathize with you as I was deep into the travel industry when 911 hit.

Rescheduling people is a huge headache with usually no money involved.

Take a deep breath and try to get underwater as soon as possible. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom