Hot Springs Village-Lake Desoto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A2thaK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have spent every summer of my life in HSV and on Lake Desoto. So, when the wife and I headed down this year for our family reunion, I decided to bring the gear and blow some bubbles. The lake has always been pretty clear, so I figured wth. Well, it had rained alot prior to my arrival, and conditions were less than great. Still fun to get UW though.

Lake Desoto, HSV
Temp: 82 surface
Thermocline:19 ft down to what had to be low 60s. I only had my 3 mm on, and my hands went numb faster than my cpu could cool off to give an accurate temp reading.
Vis at 5-10 ft: 10-15'
Vis at 15-30': 1-2'

I did not stay below the thermocline very long as the vis dropped to nothing and I was freezing my butt off! So I just putz around at about 10-15'. Saw some bass, perch, and a branch. Nothing exciting at all, but diving in a lake that few to none have dove before was kind of neat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom