Hostels/Camping Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcoltura

Registered
Reaction score
I love reading about all the trip reports and the upcoming adventures that y'all have planned. I'm hoping though that some of your vast knowledge and many experiences can help me plan my first big dive adventure. My girlfriend and I head down to Mexico in January and are planning on travelling around till April. We're both students with limited funds and will be backpacking the entire time. Since I'd like to use most of my money on diving and cervezas I'm wondering if anyone has info on hostels or camping. I'm particularly looking for information about the Cancun/Cozumel area, Belize (Ambergris Cay), Honduras (Roatan), and anywhere else that you may suggest. Thanks in advance!

Coltura

P.S. - I performed a search on the message board for camping and hostels but didn't find anything. If I missed it I apologize.

I've checked into really cheap accommodations but never hostels, however....

In Coz, some of the downtown privately owned hotel go for as little as $25-30 a night. I've heard that you can camp on the beaches on the east side but don't know of anyone who has. The Mexican army patrols do it but I don't know about gringo's!

In Roatan, the west end is known for is bohemian atmosphere where backpacking tourists flourish. I've read reports of backpackers living and diving on $20 a day.

Sorry I don't have any direct links or info to pass along! :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom