Hoseless Uwatec Smart Com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmatta

New
Reaction score
I want to buy a hoseless air/Nitrox computer . I 'm considering the Uwatec Air Z nitrox. but I wonder if Uwatec will soon bring out a hoseless air integrated version of the Smart com computer?.
the other alternative is the new Suunto Vytec. I don't know if the Vytec will be better that a hoseless air integrated Uwatec Smart com .
I'll be gratefull for advice and comments.

UWATEC is not considering a hoseless version yet. The Air Z Nitrox is the best hoseless on the market considering the new version can also be used with rebreathers.

The Air Z O2 will work with rebreathers, but not the Air Z nitrox (the Oxy-2 is not compatible with the Air Z nitrox wrist unit). If you have figured out a way to make them work together EANx40, PLEASE tell us the secret! We've had to special order the Air X O2 and Oxy-2 and its a major pain!

So far, I haven't heard any plans for a hoseless Smart Com..but with DEMA being in October, it would surprise me if Scubapro did come out with one...depending on how well the Smart Com line is received. But, Scubapro does have an upgrade program so if you went ahead and got the Air Z nitrox, you can probably upgrade it later (just pay the difference in price) and get a hoseless Smart Com if they do come out with one.

Back
Top Bottom