Hose Set up for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air dil inflates wing and separate 1-1.5l tank for suit. When using Tx dil is for loop, 1.5l tank supplies both wing and suit.

When I was diving the rEvo (we call those the dark days of ccr because the rEvo sucks lol) I ran my wing off of my left bottle, my drysuit off of my right bailout bottle and my dil off of my 3l bottle. In the event (which was really unlikely) that my DIL bottle got emptied, I could either unplug my wing or my drysuit and supply DIL from there.

I've got a lot more hours now, so my wing and my dil are running off of the same onboard DIL bottle usually. I mostly dive an Optima and Liberty now.

thanks all - I'm going to isolate the wing and run it separately just to monitor how much im using versus from the dil at least that way i can try and identify usage and see where its going. Ive no doubt im using as lot as its the start of the ccr journey.

@lermontov I am only barely ahead of you on the rEvo learning curve. So, take my opinion for what it's worth (about what you're paying for it). :)

It seems to me that, at this stage of the game, you'd want to leave things just as they are.

Your dil usage will get much better and you may find that even with wreck profiles you have plenty of dil for the loop and your wing. Caves are not exactly known for square profiles. If @Superlyte27 can do a week in cave country on one fill of dil, I'm guessing you'll be able to do a full day of wreck diving (or more) on one dil fill - once your CCR buoyancy skill improves.

I've only got 38 hours on the loop so far and my dil usage has improved substantially since I started. I did 5 wreck dives in Lake Erie last weekend. 3 one day and 2 the next. Max depth was 45m. I started each day with full 3L steels and never got remotely close to running out of dil or O2. That was running loop and wing from dil and drysuit from a BO. I really only switched to full cylinders for the 2nd day because I had brought them with me, gas (in 3L cylinders) is cheap, and my philosophy is to start with full cylinders if I have them. To paraphrase my rEvo instructor, "I'm not going to die today because I cheaped out on cylinder fills."

Keep in mind that as your wreck dives get deeper, your bottom time will decrease. You might spend an hour going up and down all over a wreck at 40m, but you're unlikely to spend an hour going up and down all over a wreck at 100m. So, as you go deeper, even on sawtooth profiles, your dil requirements may not go up like you seem to be thinking.

From what I can tell from other, more experienced CCR dives, I'm not sure it makes sense to try and have exactly one configuration that you use for every dive from 30m to 130m. So, why not dive it how it was configured for your training, until you get to a point where you need to change something? Then, be flexile. Instead of having one configuration for everything, use the config that works for the dive you are planning.

I don't know. That may all be rubbish. And if it is, I'm sure (hope) that someone who actually knows something will set me straight. :D

@lermontov I am only barely ahead of you on the rEvo learning curve. So, take my opinion for what it's worth (about what you're paying for it). :)

It seems to me that, at this stage of the game, you'd want to leave things just as they are.

Your dil usage will get much better and you may find that even with wreck profiles you have plenty of dil for the loop and your wing. Caves are not exactly known for square profiles. If @Superlyte27 can do a week in cave country on one fill of dil, I'm guessing you'll be able to do a full day of wreck diving (or more) on one dil fill - once your CCR buoyancy skill improves.

I've only got 38 hours on the loop so far and my dil usage has improved substantially since I started. I did 5 wreck dives in Lake Erie last weekend. 3 one day and 2 the next. Max depth was 45m. I started each day with full 3L steels and never got remotely close to running out of dil or O2. That was running loop and wing from dil and drysuit from a BO. I really only switched to full cylinders for the 2nd day because I had brought them with me, gas (in 3L cylinders) is cheap, and my philosophy is to start with full cylinders if I have them. To paraphrase my rEvo instructor, "I'm not going to die today because I cheaped out on cylinder fills."

Keep in mind that as your wreck dives get deeper, your bottom time will decrease. You might spend an hour going up and down all over a wreck at 40m, but you're unlikely to spend an hour going up and down all over a wreck at 100m. So, as you go deeper, even on sawtooth profiles, your dil requirements may not go up like you seem to be thinking.

From what I can tell from other, more experienced CCR dives, I'm not sure it makes sense to try and have exactly one configuration that you use for every dive from 30m to 130m. So, why not dive it how it was configured for your training, until you get to a point where you need to change something? Then, be flexile. Instead of having one configuration for everything, use the config that works for the dive you are planning.

I don't know. That may all be rubbish. And if it is, I'm sure (hope) that someone who actually knows something will set me straight. :D
thanks stuart -i have found one reason for dil usage 2 holes in my wing- smallish but perhaps more significant at depth -you may be right, but i enjoy fiddling to get it that way i like it (like sidemount) early days still!

Back
Top Bottom