Hose Set up for rEvo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
ive just done my generic ccr course (45m ) and looking to get a set up now that I will be able to build on for future courses.
At present on a simple square profile I'm using standard set up ( dil feeds bcd ) dry suit from bailout.
My main dives are wreck penetration and I've noticed I'm chewing through my dil due to lots of saw tooth profile while in the wreck. Running out of dil means I can plug off board into my MAV but that means I dont have my bcd supplied. So I'm thinking. Either some sort of splitter that can supply the dil and the dry suit and or carry enough gas to supply bail out and bcd
Ther was a good thread some time ago one thing in particular was bcd and dry suit on seperate supplies, which is sound reasoning . The more hoses and connection I have the more flexibility to do whatever but it could get overly complicated
I'd like to get advice to see what a good set up would be that can be added to without reconfiguring it as I progress with mixed gas etc any advice appreciated

Why can’t you run off of off board dil and continue your drysuit being fed from there and continue to inflate your wing from onboard dil? Maybe it’s the hose routing in the revo that is the issue? Idk I’ve got zero revo experience

AL6/8/13 suit gas bottle.

Y
Why can’t you run off of off board dil and continue your drysuit being fed from there and continue to inflate your wing from onboard dil? Maybe it’s the hose routing in the revo that is the issue? Idk I’ve got zero revo experience
yes I could do that in fact I'm going to try that next dive -the downside is I have to run the dil manually which if I consider using off board mixed down the track may be a good long term system

What size bottles are you running on the rEvo? It might just be as easy as changing from a 2L to 3L for the Dil (and a matching O2). 50% more gas.

How sawtooth is the sawtooth profile?

Y

yes I could do that in fact I'm going to try that next dive -the downside is I have to run the dil manually which if I consider using off board mixed down the track may be a good long term system

I thought everyone on a revo was running DIL manually. That ADV is absolute crap.

What size bottles are you running on the rEvo? It might just be as easy as changing from a 2L to 3L for the Dil (and a matching O2). 50% more gas.

How sawtooth is the sawtooth profile?

It’s his experience. As he gets more time, he won’t use 10bar per hour. I can do an entire week in cave country on a single fill of DIL. But that wasn’t the case in the beginning.

you dont need a splitter just 2 whips off the bailout
one for suit one for the offboard fitting

onboard dil feeding the ADV and the primary MAV button

It’s his experience. As he gets more time, he won’t use 10bar per hour. I can do an entire week in cave country on a single fill of DIL. But that wasn’t the case in the beginning.
I've noticed my gas usage has gotten better as I get more time as well. The 3L was also my starting point. I was never burning through dil to the point of worrying about running out. But a 3L is still 50% more than a 2L as a starting point. I am just wondering what his starting point is. 2L bottles would explain a bit of what is going on.

Also do a buoyancy check again, see if you can drop some weight. That can help save the wing from eating as much dil.

A saw tooth profile is happy on open circuit, rebreathers are a lot happier on square profiles. If you can square off your profile a little bit that will also help.

The fastest I ever went through gas, at the end of a boat dive I wanted to get some more practice managing all the air spaces. I was doing bounces from 10 to 60' over and over. Controlled ascent and descent rates, managing the wing, suit, counterlung, PP02. Never broke the surface, almost never bounced off the bottom (this is part of why I was doing this was to get better control). I remember doing a half dozen of those blew through more gas than the actual dive I was done with. Sawtooth will suck gas.

I have added two small suit inflation bottles to my rEvo rig, one for wing and the other for drysuit. Supplying the wing from another source has significantly cut my dil use. I still have the wing dil hose in place should I ever need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom