hose routing on doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Valéry;5640987:
(why on earth my right post should inflate my left inflator)

In the case of a runaway inflator you can shut down the right post while using your left hand on the pull dump and not cork to the surface. Left post for drysuit inflator.

It sounds as though you have a dual bladder wing though. Doesn't help you there.

Also I'd say spg on the left will indicate left post roll off or manifold accidentally left shut. A couple of 80's slung there don't really get in the way much.

In the case of a runaway inflator you can shut down the right post while using your left hand on the pull dump and not cork to the surface. Left post for drysuit inflator.

It sounds as though you have a dual bladder wing though. Doesn't help you there.

Also I'd say spg on the left will indicate left post roll off or manifold accidentally left shut. A couple of 80's slung there don't really get in the way much.

Ok, but i can still grab the dump valve with the other hand, while shutting down the leaking post.

As for the spg you're completly right I should keep it on the left it would indicate left post roll off or manifold accidentally left shut.

What do you think of the 2nd stage on the left post coming from the left. I found it less stressful on the hose plus the fact that in the case of a leaking hose you would easily found wich one to shut.

Then you need a dedicated reg for just the purpose of a backup. If I find a problem with my backup on the surface, its no biggie to swap it out with another reg (since they all feed from the right).

Plus every time you clip/ unclip the spg to read it, you risk trapping that longhose.

Well it's not on lowest d-ring, so it don't need to unclip it. It comes under my right arm (like the dry suit inflator) and is clipped on my chest just below my face, so I don't need to clip/unclip

Valéry;5641085:
What do you think of the 2nd stage on the left post coming from the left. I found it less stressful on the hose plus the fact that in the case of a leaking hose you would easily found wich one to shut.

You could do this, you might find though that from the right keeps it streamlined yet allowing full movement to look around. Coming from the left would mean you're unable to look to the right, or you would have to have a large loop of lp hose to allow you to turn your head 90 degrees to the right.

Valery, even with Tek3's you can set the hose routing like on the image available on the 1st page of this thread, it was actually designed to allow such setup. :)

Just tilt the stages a bit if you need less stress on the hoses, to route them at a different angle.

This setup is general practice but it does not mean you must do it like that, just that it has a complete meaning for each hose placement, something I believe others have covered pretty much so.

I have the same regs like the ones in the picture, as I had plans for doubles early on when I started diving so hose routing works like a charm. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom