Hose Routing for Doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what might be considered "real" regs?

Oh and if freezing is what your concerned about wouldn't a temperature rating be more appropriate than a deth rating?

I've had mine to 145 ft without any issues. One of my buddies regularly takes his beyond 200ft and has had them to 350 without issue. :eyebrow:

If you are going to dive doubles I suggest that you get some real regs. The 600 frezee up way to easy. Guess they are good for recreational diving to 130 ft if that is what you are in to.

I use an S600 as a deco reg way below 130 with water temps in the 30s. I have never has it freeze up or free flow on me.

I have a Xstream, which would be considered a doubles or tec reg. That thing freezes up and free flows in anything lower than forty.

Enjoy the S600 they are good reliable regs

If you are going to dive doubles I suggest that you get some real regs. The 600 frezee up way to easy. Guess they are good for recreational diving to 130 ft if that is what you are in to.

If you do not consider the S600 real regs I am really curious to know what is a real reg, I use those and never had a problem, dives to 250+ft and some in waters 45- (around 6 Celsius). Use both as doubles reg and for stage bottles, the only difference from warm to cold waters I make is in the first stage, I use MK25 for warm/cool water and MK17 (sealed diaphragm) for cold water, but both with S600.

I maybe mistaken, but for what I read here and in other foruns I do believe that a LOT of technical divers use the S600 in all positions, primary, backup, stage bottles and are very satisfyed... not saying others are not good, plenty of great regs out there, please do not misunderstand, but definetly saying S600 are not "real regs" is a mistake, they surely are in the first class category!

BTW are you a dealer of some S600 competitor? :D

So what might be considered "real" regs?

Oh and if freezing is what your concerned about wouldn't a temperature rating be more appropriate than a deth rating?

I am not concerned about freezing, and yes, temperature it is.

The water is a concistant 37 degrees here, Summer and winter. Some warm days it actually goes up to 39:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom