Hose placement on Aeris ION / DT 400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darrel Conger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I really like my Aeris ION with the DTV 400 first stage. The only thing I don't like is the placement of the hoses for the reg and octo. The reg is suppose to be connected to the back port where an "R" designates the port for the regulator. This ends up being a little awkward if retrieval were ever necessary. I have swapped the ports but every time its services they put it back like in the photo. The only other setup I have used was a Scuba Pro in OW class. Has anyone else found this configuration a little awkward or modified it?

HPIM7163.jpg

Yes my wife had the same issue with her Aeris back in the day she had it.

The layout like yours was not comfortable neither was with the regs swapped. We ended up putting the octo on the other side and that was comfortable. It is not standard here but worked as her octo was still in the triangle.

Ports are ports. You can not swop HP and LP but other than that. Route your hoses as you see fit. If the LDS moves them either ask them not to do that or just change it up when you get home. There is nothing magic about LP ports. Kinda sad they label them for Right and left! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom