Hose Length (ad infinitum)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cobra8472

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
'lo again

The hose length is just fine for diving a 7mm wetsuit. With the extra practice i got in the carribbean I can see that it is just the perfect length. However, I today did my first drysuit dive, ever (COLD!), and found that the hose was just way too small for me to reach and properly depress. Most likely due to the large immobility of the drysuit.

Where can I find a suitable replacement for the hose? About an extra 15cm would do the trick. Will any do from my LDS?

'lo again

The hose length is just fine for diving a 7mm wetsuit. With the extra practice i got in the carribbean I can see that it is just the perfect length. However, I today did my first drysuit dive, ever (COLD!), and found that the hose was just way too small for me to reach and properly depress. Most likely due to the large immobility of the drysuit.

Where can I find a suitable replacement for the hose? About an extra 15cm would do the trick. Will any do from my LDS?

Your drysuit is preventing you from reaching your inflator? Can you reach your tank valve(s)?

Tobin

Your drysuit is preventing you from reaching your inflator? Can you reach your tank valve(s)?

Tobin

Not preventing- however it was very unergonomical. That extra loss of mobility associated with the drysuit made the perfect length (in 7mm) to become too short.

Could reach valve, yep. I Could essentially reach the hose, but it was way to short to use effectively.

Cobra,

The fittings on our wings, and the power inflator we furnish both have 1" "barbs" i.e. the part the hose secures to. This fairly standard, although not all corrugated hoses have 1 inch diameter "boots"

Longer 1 inch hoses should not be too difficult to find. If you cannot get what you need PM me.

Changing ou the corrugated hose is not difficult, but you do want to use the right zip ties, and note the relative position of the elbow fitting (on the wing) and the power inflator before you remove them. The are not at 90 degrees to each other.

I suggest leaving one end unsecured so you can put the rig on to verify the inflator lies flat on your chest. Soapy water helps get the boots onto the fittings.

Also note that some corrugated hoses have a specific end for use with the "elbow" and another for use on the power inflator. This is not obvious, and requires inspection of the inside of the boot on each end. There is a recess for the "barb" on the fittings. The location of this barb is different for the elbow vs the inflator.

Good luck,

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom