Hose lenghts....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
When measuring hose lengths (LP, HP...whatever) where is the length measured from? Is the given length the actual length of the rubber hose? Is the length of the whole hose assembly from o-ring to o-ring/coupler (from the end of the threads to the end of the coupler)? Which is it?

I made a little image, in that there are two measurements A and B, which is the correct measurement? And is this valid for all hoses or only certain manufacturers?! So then in reality how long is a "24 inch" hose really?

Tamas:
When measuring hose lengths (LP, HP...whatever) where is the length measured from? Is the given length the actual length of the rubber hose? Is the length of the whole hose assembly from o-ring to o-ring/coupler (from the end of the threads to the end of the coupler)? Which is it?

I made a little image, in that there are two measurements A and B, which is the correct measurement? And is this valid for all hoses or only certain manufacturers?! So then in reality how long is a "24 inch" hose really?

Tamas, it's always nice when products shown are images from our website. We pride ourselves on making good images. :D

The hose length is measured from the end of the FEMALE end to the bottom of the nut on the male end. We do not include the length of the male threads. This is the same measurement for HP, LP, and BC - Drysuit hoses. It is the same across the board of manufactuers. Keep in mind that only a few companies make up hoses and many get them from the same source. We are one of the few companies that has the widest range of sizes in stock readily available.

Regards,

JS1scuba:
Tamas, it's always nice when products shown are images from our website. We pride ourselves on making good images. :D

I tried.....indeed good pics! Thanks for the use.

JS1scuba:
The hose length is measured from the end of the FEMALE end to the bottom of the nut on the male end. We do not include the length of the male threads. This is the same measurement for HP, LP, and BC - Drysuit hoses. It is the same across the board of manufactuers. Keep in mind that only a few companies make up hoses and many get them from the same source. We are one of the few companies that has the widest range of sizes in stock readily available.
Regards,

So I though, but wasn't quite sure and wanted to make sure. BTW - in my image then arrow does end at the o-ring right before the threads begin. Obviously those are inside the reg and cannot be counted towards the length of the hose.

And now we are sure of the length. To measure proper length put on dive rig. Make sure the tank is supported to the height it would be when in the water horizontal. Take tape measure from regulator and measure to length you need. (have someone help you. Move the tape around a bit so you have some movement taken into consideration. Write down which lengths you need. Then sign on to www.techdivinglimited.com and order em up ! (or have your dive center order them from us)

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom