Hose for Hog Set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In "Hogarthian" diving it is... and fancy that... we're in the Hogarthian forum!

Ok, I don't use a 5' or 6' or 7'. But I can't find a reference anywhere that says 5' for a single tank in open water. Everywhere I read is 7' for overhead environments and 5' for single tank shallow dives. Give me a reference an I'll be smarter.

tnx don O

Ok, I don't use a 5' or 6' or 7'. But I can't find a reference anywhere that says 5' for a single tank in open water. Everywhere I read is 7' for overhead environments and 5' for single tank shallow dives. Give me a reference an I'll be smarter.
Anything from a 40" to a 7' hose is acceptable for single tank diving. There isn't a defined standard and there aren't any studies done on which hoses are preferred, but I have done a lot of diving in different environments and by far the 7' hose is the most numerous.

Experience. Get some.

Go with the 7', it's the standard for a reason (prefered by most).

There isn't a defined standard and there aren't any studies done on which hoses are preferred,

When I have your experience will I be able to cover both sides with no references ?

O' to be young again ,

I tried a 5' hose, but they laughed at me in the pool.

I just got a 7' hose for my singles rig as I will be taking cavern soon. I understand the routing for the long hose, but where do you typically route the bunged hose? Should it go over the right shoulder or under the arm? I would think under the arm would be cleaner, but am not sure. I would like to get a few practice dives in this configuration before taking my course.

It goes over the right shoulder. It shouldn't be long enough to go under the arm. Routing a hose under the arm and up to your mouth can result in the reg sitting crooked and being uncomfortable. My husband put an angled swivel on the 40" hose he uses for pool work for this reason.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom