Hose config sanity check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks JeffG, I was having a brain cloud. I am glad to see that the OP was able to get set up to suit his wishes. N

Nemrod:
Just curious but I thought that one of the standards of DIR was to use the same configuration whenever possible. I guess I did not realize that it was required to reconfigure the hose routing from single to double. N
The optimal arrangement is to have two separate setups - one dedicated to singles, the other dedicated to doubles. I actually also have a second doubles setup (well the backup reg anyway). One of them has a drysuit hose, and the other does not (for diving wet or with argon).

S0ckm0nk3y:
the guy took one look at the hose config and told me that it would never work.

I find it odd he should say that. My single tank reg and hose routing is just like yours and mine works perfectly.

S0ckm0nk3y:
And mostly irked me because it made me question my decision to put the hoses on in this way... which had come from HOURS of reading this forum and other random DIR info on the web.

-Eric

You should have shown him your card

PADI-Inet-Diver.JPG

Ok that's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

It almost makes me want to set up a web page and put that smack dab in the middle.

Maybe get it embroidered and made into a patch for a drysuit.

I'm totally printing it out on card stock and bringing that with me when I finally figure out how to get my butt to a DIRF class.

-Eric

Ben_ca:
You should have shown him your card

PADI-Inet-Diver.JPG

S0ckm0nk3y:
I'm totally printing it out on card stock and bringing that with me when I finally figure out how to get my butt to a DIRF class.
Have you contacted Ed Hayes? He's a GUE instructor up in that area.

I'm glad that people are getting good use out of my card. It only took like two minutes to make with MS Paint. :wink:

[

I walked out of there somewhat boggled (and a little upset) since they have a pretty big tech diver clientelle. This shop is a distributor for all the major DIR brands too.

Is this shop a Halcyon Dealer? PM the name please.
Thanks

DIR-Atlanta:
Have you contacted Ed Hayes? He's a GUE instructor up in that area.

Yep... I sent Ed a quick note via his website but haven't heard back. I'm a few weeks away from being able to get stuff together to get wet anyways.

I'd be psyched to head down to CT for the class tho.

-Eric

amascuba:
I'm glad that people are getting good use out of my card. It only took like two minutes to make with MS Paint. :wink:

I tried making it avatar... but you can barely read it :(

-Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom