Hose Clamp Screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want you can have my hose screws and the plastic wrap ... Like Nemrod had said I also find it near impossible to clamp these around the hoses with the new duckbill. I instead use plastic zipties. They work much better and i can tighten the hell out of them. Plus no big deal if I have to replace one..... It's going to be very hard to find the metal reserve rod. I just asked my father today if he still had his and he stated that the dive shop had thrown his out years ago much like all the rest.

Zip ties, huh? Never thought of that one. Last year I found a couple of reserve rods on eBay. They were brand new.

It's nothing to bend up a new reserve rod from a 1/8" SS heliarc welding rod. Heck, Voit used aluminum rods.
We used to take ours off & just reach behind the head to toss the lever down; having no rod to get snagged & unintentionally trip the reserve was considered a good thing.
We also threaded the mask straps through the buckles backwards, so the tail was inside the strap (fins too, if they had straps). We tried to eliminate as many places to catch & snag as possible, 'cuz we were always in weeds, fishing line, or gill nets.

I got a J rod from Simonbeans, it is excellent, anyone who needs something like that should see if he can help out, maybe he can.
I have a bad shoulder and cannot reach back, the J rod is hard for me to reach as well. My moma told me those motocross bikes where bad for me and she was right! N

Simonbeans comming through with the reserve rods. I didn't think you would find one that easily! Yeah a set of large zipties work great , but like i said you can have my hose clamps because i won't be useing them anymore.

Yea,
it should have been about 2 more inches taller!

Received the DA from Dan today. So far, above water it seems to breathe pretty easily. Doesn't 'honk' like my own one seemed to do!

I did find the hose clamp screws to be an 'even' .750 inch in length and was able to find exactly what I wanted at McMaster-Carr. I was seeking SS socket head cap screws for spares.

Now to get her in the YMCA pool and see how she does first...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom