Question Horrible Mouth and Throat Infection After Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack B

New
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
One of my divers had this mouth infection and claiming it to be from our regulators. In my 20 plus years in the industry I have never seen this occur. Has anyone seen this before?
1723899894685.png

Attachments

• 1723899787560.png
    1723899787560.png
    187 KB · Views: 33
I think I would like to see what the insides of your 2nd stages look like. Might be a good idea to start soaking all 2nd stages in Steramine to cover your bases.

But it could also be a a reaction to materials or sea creatures. My wife, who has been diving for 25 years, about 2 years ago had an adverse reaction like in your picture to a particular jelly fish. She didn't think she touched it, but tiny bits must have hit her lips. She got out of the water with red, blistered lips. Scary. It took a couple of weeks to fully resolve.

Or just a coincidental flare-up of shingles?

Do you have little kids around? Might just be coincidental, but Hand Foot & Mouth disease comes to mind. Starts with an excruciating sore throat, white lesions in the throat and mouth, then goes into lesions on your hands and feet. It can get pretty bad. No cure, you just have to ride it out.

I don't know, but I find it a bit strange that it seems confined to the lower lip. If this is so, it might be an abrasive injury from something.

I don't know, but I find it a bit strange that it seems confined to the lower lip. If this is so, it might be an abrasive injury from something.

It's on her top lip too, in the center underside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom