Hoping to find the joy in diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! :)

wow .. glad I missed it

I hope we run into you at the scuba show
icosm14.gif

I'm glad you missed it too.
03.gif
I'll be at the show on Saturday, and possibly both days.

We'll be looking for you LeeAnne. There are a lot of vendors at the show this year. Hoping to pick up a few items.
I'll be going cinco de Mayo.
Then I'm sure I'll see you there! I'm planning on attending a few seminars - there are a couple underwater photography seminars that sound interesting, and one called "Disaster-Proof your Dive Travel". Given the disaster I experienced on my last dive trip, I'm definitely open for learning some strategies for avoiding disasters on my upcoming trips! There are a couple seminars on Sunday that sound good as well, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get away both days.

RUSS??? Is that you? How the hell ya been buddy! Let's go diving!! :blinking:

Hello SoCal divers,

I've been AWOL from this forum for many months...and from diving, for that matter. I had a bad experience last July in Cozumel that sort of robbed all the joy out of diving for me - a really horrible dive that ended even more horribly when I lost my entire camera rig, which spiraled down into the depths and is now probably sitting somewhere at about 600fsw off the north coast of the island. Long story that I don't want to relive (too many sleepless nights spent reliving it already).

...Not to drag up the camera issue again, but did you check your homeowners or renters insurance? We had a buddy drop his entire rig as he jumped in the water into 180-200 feet.

His insurance covered it 100% with no deductible...it may be too late to make a claim now but worth looking into ?

...Not to drag up the camera issue again, but did you check your homeowners or renters insurance? We had a buddy drop his entire rig as he jumped in the water into 180-200 feet.

His insurance covered it 100% with no deductible...it may be too late to make a claim now but worth looking into ?

I appreciate the thought. :) We actually did consider this, but the problem is that we're already in jeopardy of losing our homeowner's insurance because we had not one but TWO major floods in our house last year due to water pipe breaks. Both times they covered the repairs, but then they wanted to CANCEL us! We're working with them right now to reverse their decision - both breaks were in completely different locations, and the second time we had all of the water pipes re-routed out from under the slab and up into the attic so it can't happen again. If we made yet another multi-thousand-dollar claim, we fear we'd be SOL for ever being able to get HO insurance again. Bad timing all around.

But hey, I'm trying to look at it as the price of a very good lesson! :dunce: The entire dive was a huge lesson for me - not just in how to better protect my camera, but in how to handle the various issues that came up on that dive.

Jim, thanks for the welcome-back! Good to see you!

Russ, I would LOVE to meet up at Vets for a night dive sometime...I don't go to Vets very often, and it's too far for a regular gig, but I would totally be up for planning on meeting you there sometime! I can't remember the last time I dove at Vets. Are you still diving there regularly? I'll PM ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom