Hoping to find the joy in diving again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lee there are flotation blocks to put on camera to make it lighter and will slow ascent if dropped.

Sorry for your rain I would not like to here you got wet on your dive, kidding of course the wind does not help at all during rainy days.

Yes a big welcome back LeeAnne :), we missed you.
Water temp is a cool 52-55 right now at depth and maybe 58 at the surface. (Speaking for OML area).
I haven't been on much boat diving lately as the either the weather has not cooperated, the boats have canceled out, or family stuff.
So it's been a few shore dives in laguna and now every Sunday at OML which is pretty nice.
Hope to see you out on and under the sea again.:goingdown:

LeeAnne... glad you overcame the trauma of that last dive experience and will be back in the water. Personally, I've always found it best to tackle such issues ASAP, but it looks like you've been able to "make peace" with it now. Just think of all the incredible shark pictures you'll be able to take in the Tahitian islands. Oh, and make sure you insure your gear!

Yes I learned about those flotation blocks a wee bit too late for my last camera!:doh: It actually wasn't so negative until I added the second strobe - and I was in such a rush to pack and get down to Cozumel after I bought it that I just didn't address the flotation issue. Lessons learned...lessons learned...lessons learned (that's become a mantra with me anytime I think about my lost camera). This next one is probably going to look similar to Kevin Lee's, in terms of its relationship with flotation blocks! Not to mention the rider I'm going to add to my homeowner's policy...

The rain sucks. I was actually thinking about going out on Mr. C tomorrow, until I heard that it was going to rain. And it's pourin' like a mutha right now, and windy as all get-out. Which means everything's gonna be all churned up in the sea. We may postpone our Peace trip scheduled for next week...damn, just when I was getting all excited about getting wet again! Well, timing has never been my strong suit.

Anyway, thanks for all the welcome-backs! And now I'm going to go haunt the UW Photography forum so I can maybe pick up some knowledge and learn to actually USE this new rig of mine.
:uwphotographer:

DAN offers equipment insurance. It covers theft as well as flooding. I hate insurance, but it took more than a year to save for my camera, so I pay it.

DAN offers equipment insurance. It covers theft as well as flooding. I hate insurance, but it took more than a year to save for my camera, so I pay it.

Hmm...thanks Phil, I'm going to check that out! I already have DAN insurance for myself and hubby...I'll see what they offer for camera equip.

I just picked up equipment insurance. It says it doesn't cover loss when it is in your control, like . . . you drop it when you are underwater. . . .

Is there different camera insurance? I have my camera covered under a personal articles floater so I get all perils.

Welcome Back - Go get 'em!

Back
Top Bottom