Hooking a din in reverse to a compressor for...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turf

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any issues with using my home air compressor to test my regulators and such for functionality?

Suggestions on finding adapters to hook up to the base of a standard din valve beyond going to the hardware store for makeshift adapters to put together? Been having a hard time finding any related info on this.

Obviously not using this for any breathing.

Well, if it's not a breathing air compressor, it's going to contaminate the entire regulator with oil that (a) you don't want to breathe (b) might clog the sintered filter on the first stage and (c) would be High on the List of Bad Ideas for a regulator used with nitrox.

Any issues with using my home air compressor to test my regulators and such for functionality?

Suggestions on finding adapters to hook up to the base of a standard din valve beyond going to the hardware store for makeshift adapters to put together? Been having a hard time finding any related info on this.

Obviously not using this for any breathing.

Here's a caution and a little help.

You'll have trouble getting the pressure needed for a 1st stage regulator to function property (~500psi, or at least somewhat over ~140psi) out of a shop compressor.

My concern is what gunk and oil your shop compressor will be pumping into your scuba equipment. Those contaminants aren't nice to breathe and aren't necessarily comparable with the regulator internals. They accumulate inside the reg to be breathed later.

That said, the easy way would be:
Tecnomar Adapter DIN 300 Female/DIN 300 Female buy and offers on Scubastore and a standard fill whip.

Or:
Air Venturi Female DIN Adapter, Female Quick-Disconnect, Stainless Steel. Fittings & adapters.
Combined with this:
Air Venturi 4500 Male To Male Quick Disconnect. Fittings & adapters.

-edit- I would say it isn't something good to do, but if someone did want to do it, there's a couple ways. ----

Keeping a shop scuba tank full of clean air is a nice solution.

Cameron

See above. Don't do it. Just use a tank.

If you don't have one of your own, buy one instead of a compressor. Or rent one when you need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom