Hoods,Hoods,Hoods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA:
Someone showed me a trick last night: Put on mask _then_ put on hood. Mask strap and skirt is under the hood. The reason was so I would not loose my mask if hammered in the surf but for once I didn't have to pull hood out from under mask skirt either.

Downside was that slight leakage around mask strap made my head a little colder but with water in lows 50's it was ok.

I did get rolled in surf but kept mask even after multiple rapid revolutions.

Does this really work? My hood is so tight, I think I'd pop my eyeballs trying to pull it over my head wearing the mask :eek:gle:

fan(t)a(s)tic:
Does this really work? My hood is so tight, I think I'd pop my eyeballs trying to pull it over my head wearing the mask :eek:gle:
Pull on your hood, pull hood back until your head is thru the face opening, put on your mask, pull hood back into place. Having the hood over the mask strap should keep you from losing your mask in a strong current, as has happened with the strap on the outside. An additional advantage of having the hood face seal over the mask skirt is to be able to add some air to the hood. It isn't impossible, with a well fitted hood, to have the hood act like a set of ear plugs and cause equalization problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom